compile error, cant find bsp, becasue there is none

X

xfxgeforced

i saw a couple threads similar to this, but never a clear answer, so im going to have to ask again, sorry. I've been working on my map, which is named "de_weatherfielddr" and when I try compiling it i get an error saying it could not locate the .bsp fiel for my map, but the thing is, i dont have one yet since I deleted the files besides my .vmt and dont have the .bsp

*it seems to be looking in my counter-strike source folder, how do i change this?

here is the compile effort (not sure if i posted it correctly, but its got pretty colors):
PHP:
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jan  2 2006)
1 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr.vmf
Brush 56476: nummapbrushes == MAX_MAP_BRUSHES
Side 5
Texture: WOOD/MILWALL010

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jan  2 2006)
1 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jan 16 2006)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
1 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\xfxgeforced\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\de_weatherfieldDr.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xfxgeforced\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\de_weatherfieldDr.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

Obviously, you have too many brushes. The limit is 8192

Raeven0 said:

Obviously, you have too many brushes. The limit is 8192
the map is tiny, how coudl that be, can i merge brushes? im used to doomeditor

Perhaps you carved something and Hammer bugged out and make an obsene ammount of brushes.

Sgt. Redneck said:
Perhaps you carved something and Hammer bugged out and make an obsene ammount of brushes.
thats what im guessing. Well i guess im scrapping that map anyway, only two days of work into it so not that bad :bonce:

Back