Compiling Bug for My map

DireAvenger

Reaction score
That's Right, A compiling bug. Annoying little things, I will get to the point. I am making a new map, One of the popular building mod, Garry's Mod 10, The Source 2007 Addition. It is required to make maps for this that you use Half Life 2 Episode 2 as the configuration.

I just finished the Beta 1 Portion of my map and wish to compile it. What do I get? A compiling error. I can't compile and run my map. Compiling log incoming:

Code:
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Sep 21 2007)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
**** leaked ****
Entity prop_static (1308.72 29.00 -8141.00) leaked!
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (1)
FixTjuncs...
HashVec: point outside valid range

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov  8 2007)
2 threads
reading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov  8 2007)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[48 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

It says leak in it but, Usually it just lets that pass. Checking map for leaks. Post away.:devil:

In the menu bar somewhere there is a goto coordinates command. Goto "1308.72 29.00 -8141.00" and you'll find your leak. :)

Is that bad? D:

EDIT: Fixed the leak, Now I'm Getting:
Code:
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Sep 21 2007)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov  8 2007)
2 threads
reading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov  8 2007)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[48 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamApps\gmodfan1\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gmodfan1\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\gm_flatgrass_avenger.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

EDIT: I fixed it, By making the map smaller.

HashVec: point outside valid range is very bad.

The last part of BSP is usually somethign like "writing mapname.bsp" and that is the creation of the map itself. As you can see your bsp just stops there due to a critical failure and then vvis takes over but cant do nothing becuases there is no bsp, and then vrad goes along and does the same thing.

The reason is this:
"Description:
Your map is too big (you have brush(es) too near to the edge of the grid) or you have invalid brushes.

Solution:
If the problem-checker in Hammer (alt+p) doesn't find any offending brush(es), and you can't see brushes near the edge of the grid, you should use the cordon tools or visgroups to find them."

I already fixed it. Exactly like you said, Reduce the size. I reduced the size by about 100 inches and it worked.

Back