Composer Jason Hayes is makin' music at Valve

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Composer Jason Hayes has joined the ranks at Valve, according to Destructoid. His most notable achievements include working with Blizzard to create some of the epic orchestral World of Warcraft music and themes.
[br]
You can hear Hayes' first piece of music at Valve in the new Dota 2 trailer, which he actually co-composed with the talented Tim Larkin. Expect to hear more tunes from Jason Hayes in Dota 2 and probably other future titles from Valve.
[br]
What do you think about the Dota 2 trailer theme?

Sounds good.

What else is there to say really?

What do you think of the Dota 2 trailer music?

I mean, I thought it was great! It certainly had his epic signature attached to it.

One of the things that I like about WoW is the music score (fits the fantasy world greatly). Really happy to see him in development with Valve.

World of Warcraft indeed has a lot of great music, so this can only be a good news. :D

Grim news :( Style of music he composes is not fitting for game i want to see developed from Valve.

Grim news :( Style of music he composes is not fitting for game i want to see developed from Valve.
A) I'm sure he'd use a different style for a non-fantasy game (the TF2 and Portal soundtracks are hardly the same style but are composed by different people)
B) Valve are making Dota 2, deal with it.

World of Warcraft music is pretty top notch, though a lot of it is recycled from older Blizzard games, however if they really want to have good music I suggest they bring in Clint Mansell. That man is a total master of his craft.

However that WoW trailer made me think of the handful of things I actually enjoyed about WoW... disappointing moments.

If you're going to truncate words to slang up your news posts, at least do it correctly damnit! There's an apostrophe in the word makin'!

Anyways, I'm not familiar with anything hes done really, but good to see Valve enticing another talented person over to the Light Side.

"Word of Warcraft" sounds like an infinitely more entertaining game than "World of Warcraft", IMHO.

Back