Computer won't install windows

Last One In

Reaction score
Ok, here's a chronological order of what has happened to my system:
Brand new system, killer specs. Anyway, I install the thing and have a bit of trouble in the beginning with stop code errors, then I discover that it was a driver error. Next, my computer starts freezing for like 20 seconds randomly then coming back on again. Also it won't display limewire properly and it shows a white screen where the window should be. Anyway, I try to fix this problem by reinstalling windows; but when I start reinstalling it, it gives me an error asking for the disc. Then I try it again, but it doesn't complete again and I try it again. The third time, it didn't even make it past the hardware inspection step, which is the first step in installiation. I'm thinking that it is either my motherboard that is being screwy or it is my RAM. What do you guys think?

EDIT: HEres my specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939
Ram: OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Platinum
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS 70SB035000000 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 192KHz
Mobo: eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
GPU: eVGA 256-P2-N528-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO
Power: ASPIRE ATX-AS520W BLACK ATX 520W Power Supply 115/230 V CB IEC 950/ TUV EN 60950/ UL 1950/ CSA 950
HArd Drive: Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150
All parts were purchased off newegg.com. Thanks for your help :)

no, it was a regular one. But i found that the hard drive had nothing to do with it.

Well, I think im gonna just replace my mobo, but I don't know what one to get. Anyone have a somewhat equivlent mobo that they like and would reccomend?

I just bought the asus an8-sli ..easy to put together but I havent been able to install the OS yet

It might be your cd drive. It sounds like it isn't reading the CD correctly. See if you can try a different drive...it's unusual for a mobo to be bad like that. RAM also doesn't seem too likely, however try to swap out as many parts as you have access to just to make sure it isn't that part.

Well, Giant was right, it was the hard drive. My 10000 RPM sata raptor wouldn't format. I'll send it in and have it RMA'd,

Back