Conflict in 'Nam Update

Those forest/woods/trees/bush look(s) amazing, I guess Source CAN do foilage.

Agreed, I've been waiting for a mod that has some dense foliage.

Are those plants and trees actually indeginous to vietnam? The maps and gun look very good, keep up the good work

you might wanna get a proper grass model in instead of having bullrushes

Sigh. I feel like there's a million billion mods being developed and all they do is render some weapon models and then we never hear from them again. WILL SOMEONE STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE WEAPONS AND JUST FINISH AND RELEASE A MOD ALREADY?!?! I'M BORED HERE!!!

notmydesk said:
Sigh. I feel like there's a million billion mods being developed and all they do is render some weapon models and then we never hear from them again. WILL SOMEONE STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE WEAPONS AND JUST FINISH AND RELEASE A MOD ALREADY?!?! I'M BORED HERE!!!
WHY NOT MAKE YOUR GODDAMN OWN? OOOH WAIT, YOU CAN'T.

idiot.

I gotta agree with notmydesk. I like renders as much as the next HL2 fanboy, but the more we hear about them, the less interesting they become. maybe keep the main page for releases and things like playable betas.

i dont know how to make my own mod either. but why does that matter?

idiot.

Those plants are not native to Vietnam. I hope that the team is just using these for right now, and will replace them later.

WHY NOT MAKE YOUR GODDAMN OWN? OOOH WAIT, YOU CAN'T.
That wouldn't be any fun. I want other people to make them and let me play them for free. Duh.
idiot.
Yep!

Did they use that gun in 'nam?

That gun looks exactly like the SMG the Russians used in WW2. The one with a 71 bullet magazine.

I really don't recall that weapon in any Vietnam games or pictures...

vegeta897 said:
Did they use that gun in 'nam?

That gun looks exactly like the SMG the Russians used in WW2. The one with a 71 bullet magazine.

I really don't recall that weapon in any Vietnam games or pictures...

:|

http://world.guns***/smg/smg02-e.htm

From the above website...

Retired from Soviet Army service soon after the WW2, the PPSH was widely exported to some pro-Soviet countries arount the world, including Vietnam and many African countries.

Videogames usually aren't a reliable source of information, if you want to know about guns, check http://world.guns*** or buy Jane's Guns Recognition Guide by Ian Hogg

First: Renders are to show progress of work (plus the community WANTS to see renders), you would uderstand if you had a mod.......

Second: Plants and trees are temp., we will change them ASAP (they come from HL2&CS:S, so they don't look "vietnamish")

Third: they did use PPSH-41 in the Vietnam war, since the Russians provided weaponery to the NVA.

I love the trees and tall grass, hard to capture the jungle feel without it, looks promising :D

Back