Console disabling physcannon primary fire?

DaMaN

Reaction score
I'm in the process of making a semi-realistic cooperative map for hl2:mp, and I want the players to be able to pick up things, but NOT shoot them around. Since hl2:mp does not support the use key for picking up small objects, I seem forced to use the physcannon (gravity gun or zero-point energy field manipulator if you want to be fancy).

Using the console commands physcannon_maxforce, physcannon_minforce, physcannon_maxmass, and physcannon_pullforce i've been able to: prevent the player from picking up large physics objects, prevent the player from shooting a picked-up physics object with much force, and prevent the player pulling physics objects from out of reach. However, I have been totally unable to find a way of disabling/lessening the primary fire of the physcannon. I.E. when a physics object has not been picked up, the player presses the primary attack button on it and the physcannon/gravgun/ZPEFM emits a laser that shoots the object across the room. Despite physcannon_maxforce and physcannon_minforce, the physcannon still shoots any physics objects with the same speed, unless they're picked up.

So the question is:

Via the console, is there any way to either disable or lessen the amount of force the gravity gun/physcannon emits against a non-held physics object?

-DaMaN

Back