Console?

J

Jumpneedle

Yo guys.
I already searched the forum but couldn't find an answer yet for my little problem.
The thing is I can't open console in any multiplayer HL2 game.
Even though I put it on in advanced keyboard options, nothing happens when I push the ~ button,
which is next to the 1 button and above TAB if I'm not mistaking.

Anyone? :rolleyes:

you have to activate the console key in the options

Do this.

Open up notepad and write this:

bind "k" "toggleconsele"

save the file in:gamedirectory\steamapps\yourusername\couter-strike source\cstrike\cfg\ as autoexec.cfg

Run the game. If you want the console enabled at startup add -console in the startup options.

Of course you can use any key you want... but I'm using k.

Ty, problem fixed ;)

Only 1 more thing .
What do you mean with startup options? (where can I find them?)

Jumpneedle said:
Ty, problem fixed ;)

Only 1 more thing .
What do you mean with startup options? (where can I find them?)

You can go into the Play Games list, right-click CS:S, go into properties, then go into Launch options. There you can just add -console. Or, you can create a shortcut of the game to your desktop and manually add the -console to the target line, which is a little harder and more annoying, because you now have another desktop icon.

Ummmmmmm u do realise that once it is activated in advanced keyboard options, you have to press shift as well as the button, just in case you were just always pressing `.

MoBoChoBo said:
Ummmmmmm u do realise that once it is activated in advanced keyboard options, you have to press shift as well as the button, just in case you were just always pressing `.
No you don't

...Yea, your CS:S program might be different than mine if you're having to press Shift along with tilde.

MoBoChoBo said:

many non-standard keyboards have this issue, but the majority of people can just hit the key.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH ok then, well yeah i had to push the shift key as well, i thought that applied to every1, obviously i was wrong :eek: :rolleyes: :dozey: :(

Back