Cop Spanks dude for JUSTICE!

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZHWtcooJI&has_verified=1

all is not quiet on new years day

A St. Louis patrolman was pulled off the streets Tuesday after being captured on video striking a man repeatedly with a baton and spraying him with pepper spray in the early hours of New Year's Day.

The 2 minute, 13 second video, recorded on a smart phone and posted on the Internet, shows the police officer pulling a man from a car at a Shell gas station about 2:30 a.m. The officer then pushes the man to the ground, strikes him seven times with a police baton and uses pepper spray before handcuffing him and walking him toward a police substation on the property.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_61a185db-74b7-541b-a5ab-88476fc95124.html

Lucky the cop didn't see them taping, because apparently that's illegal now a days.

Man, Video quality on those things are great.

Yup, apparently according to prosecutors in various states around the country. This guy is facing 16 years in prison because he had a camera mounted to his helmet to record himself and didn't inform the plain clothes cop that this was the case:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/videotaping-cops-arrest/story?id=11179076

When he posted the video on youtube his house was raided and computers were seized. The article details many other cases of this happening.

The biggest irony here is that they are charging him with violating wiretapping laws. I'm trying to remember, didn't some president do that a few years back on a much larger scale?

Yup, apparently according to prosecutors in various states around the country. This guy is facing 16 years in prison because he had a camera mounted to his helmet to record himself and didn't inform the plain clothes cop that this was the case:

When he posted the video on youtube his house was raided and computers were seized. The article details many other cases of this happening.

The biggest irony here is that they are charging him with violating wiretapping laws. I'm trying to remember, didn't some president do that a few years back?

was it Jeb Bush?

hell in canada the cops help the public identify cops videotaped using excessive force

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/12/21/toronto-nobody-siu.html?ref=rss

to be fair that's an isolated incident as they usually dont rat each other out

It's all over the country. This just happened a few months back here in Albuquerque when a guy with a local church bought a bunch of pizzas and was handing them out to the homeless in a popular spot in downtown:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1752037.shtml

They took the camera without a warrant and I believe they arrested the person shooting the video for refusing to cooperate. The same cop that did this shot a guy in the chest just a few days after this incident. The guy she shot had mental problems and was armed with a highly dangerous butter knife.

it really is a police state down south. we gotta make our wall higher!

I wonder if there will ever be incentive for hiring intelligent police that don't go on maniacal power trips? I mean he probably could have detained him for not following orders (I'm assuming that since he was in the car and cop usually make you get out when they're trying to deal with you) but I don't think any of that warrants beating and pepper spraying a guy on the ground.

When you have hundreds of thousands of cops on the streets there are going to be bad ones. That doesn't mean they are all bad. But the fact the cops are usually defended in these situations by other cops is the major problem.

Overall I have to say that most run ins I've had with the law were actually quite professional. In fact in a number of cases they could have dragged my ass to jail right there on the spot but instead let me go. Some of my friends haven't been so lucky. So it really is a mixed bag.

I wonder if there will ever be incentive for hiring intelligent police that don't go on maniacal power trips? I mean he probably could have detained him for not following orders (I'm assuming that since he was in the car and cop usually make you get out when they're trying to deal with you) but I don't think any of that warrants beating and pepper spraying a guy on the ground.

it's not that they're not attracting intelligent cops it's the culture that has a raging hardon for authority. hell one of canada's top military commanders was recently exposed as a serial killer; most if not all get off on authority; it's the lure of the job and what that entails that brings them to the job. I'm willing to bet there isnt a single police officer who hasnt at one time or other abused his authority in some way or other. from letting off a hot chick for a speeding ticket to beating on suspects there's a hell of a lot of opportunity to abuse power. hell their very existance is an abuse of power: beholden to no one, investigated from within etc

it's not that they're not attracting intelligent cops it's the culture that has a raging hardon for authority. hell one of canada's top military commanders was recently exposed as a serial killer; most if not all get off on authority; it's the lure of the job and what that entails that brings them to the job. I'm willing to bet there isnt a single police officer who hasnt at one time or other abused his authority in some way or other. from letting off a hot chick for a speeding ticket to beating on suspects there's a hell of a lot of opportunity to abuse power. hell their very existance is an abuse of power: beholden to no one, investigated from within etc
Pretty much this. The nature of the job attracts certain types of people. You don't tend to get sociopathic power-trippers volunteering at soup kitchens, and likewise you tend not to get compassionate, understanding people who see things in shades of grey signing up to risk their life protecting public society from criminals (oh, and you get a gun, **** yeah).

expected more of this:

spanking_photo.jpg

When you have hundreds of thousands of cops on the streets there are going to be bad ones. That doesn't mean they are all bad. But the fact the cops are usually defended in these situations by other cops is the major problem.

Overall I have to say that most run ins I've had with the law were actually quite professional. In fact in a number of cases they could have dragged my ass to jail right there on the spot but instead let me go. Some of my friends haven't been so lucky. So it really is a mixed bag.

This is probably the most reasonable response so far.

The biggest irony here is that they are charging him with violating wiretapping laws. I'm trying to remember, didn't some president do that a few years back on a much larger scale?

Yes, but the judge ruled in the way that it should have been ruled.

From Wikipedia:
The judge ruled that Maryland's wire tap law allows recording of both voice and sound in areas where privacy cannot be expected. He ruled that a police officer on a traffic stop has no expectation of privacy.

"Those of us who are public officials and are entrusted with the power of the state are ultimately accountable to the public," the judge wrote. "When we exercise that power in public fora, we should not expect our actions to be shielded from public observation."

Yeah, that's good. But in the end nothing happened to the cop(s) as far as I know. And as long as cops are free to arrest people for this type of thing it isn't really all that different from being illegal since people still go to jail and as a result are discouraged to do this.

Back