Copyright infringment by Valve

G

GJaaGular

Valve isn't as original as we think...My Flame to them...

Headcrab ripped off from Alien facehugger

Zombie ripped off from Alien and The Thing and Night of the Living Dead

Ant Lions ripped off from Starship Troopers

Remote Sentry Guns ripped off from Aliens (Dir. Cut)

Combine Guards Ripped off from Starwars stormtroopers

G-man ripped off from X-files smoking man

Spinning blade event that cuts zombies in half ripped off from Dawn of the Dead helicopter refueling scene

Flying spy sentrys and sentrys with spinning blades ripped off from Phantasm's flying ball

Gorden Freeman ripped off from any unlikely hero movie aka Die Hard

Dog ripped off from Red Planet's Amy robot

Did I make my point yet?

damn delay...
...Pardon me ladies while i go hang myself

Duh....where do you think other games and movies gets inspired....Jeeez

Almost anything can be made to be a ripoff of something else, just stfu and play the game.

maybe not copyright infringement, but imaginary drought hehe

Originally posted by GJaaGular

Spinning blade event that cuts zombies in half ripped off from Dawn of the Dead helicopter refueling scene

Flying spy sentrys and sentrys with spinning blades ripped off from Phantasm's flying ball

Did I make my point yet?

damn delay...

stormtroopers ripped of Nazi germany!

unlikely hero aka die hard ripped off countless other movies

amy dog ripped off countless other robots

night ot the living dead ripped off countless other zombie tales

starship troopers bugs ripped off of something i can't think of

did i make MY point yet?

who said we all thought valve was original? i surely didn't...i've always just that they're a good game company.

You're incessant rant, ripped off from every other teenager pissing in the wind over this delay.

omg what a dumb thread. i mean EVERY NEW film, pc game...anything will be copyed from something...or look like something you have seen before.

striders ripped of war of the worlds

the spinning swords - SCREAMERS

Oh i'm gonna get drunk tonight an the only reason I made this thread is cause I was bored of reading Delay suicide notes....Flame on boys let the games begin!

OH MY GOD THEY USED ZOMBIES?!! they must be the first to ever copy that.

Every single thing about the half life plot was as cliched as it gets. It wasn't the actual story that was good, just the way it was told. For once, someone made a PC game whos plot you actually cared about because it was told WELL.

The thing that is original is the story and how it's executed. And I don't care if you think that other stories are similar or something. Valve has done a great job with their games. A whole lot better than a lot of other productions out there. Valve has created a lot of new content, and if something isn't new, it's usually at least presented in a new way.

What was the Combine Tower ripped off of? Farm equipment? Give me a break. Valve is creative in it's use of it's ideas in the story.

It was once said by Igor Stravinsky, lesser artists borrow, great artists steal

I invented inventions back in the summer of '64. I claim you all as my property on account of you using oxygen which I also invented.

Anyone know the release date for starship troopers? and hl?

If you had a point Orson welles and tolkein between them could probably claim the rights to half the worlds fictional media by now. Actually there is a german family trying to claim that the great great great great great great great great grandad invented the book or something silly like that.

Re: Re: Copyright infringment by Valve

Originally posted by Maskirovka
starship troopers bugs ripped off of something i can't think of
My... GOD!!! STARSHIP TROOPERS BUG ARE A RIP OF FROM REAL LIFE EARTH INSECTS!!!!!!!!111!!!11 COPYRIGHT!!!!!! COPYRIGHT!!!!!!

/me hands in lawsuit to Starship Troopers author, signed "Evolution & Nature INC."

Re: Re: Re: Copyright infringment by Valve

Originally posted by dawdler
My... GOD!!! STARSHIP TROOPERS BUG ARE A RIP OF FROM REAL LIFE EARTH INSECTS!!!!!!!!111!!!11 COPYRIGHT!!!!!! COPYRIGHT!!!!!!

/me hands in lawsuit to Starship Troopers author, signed "Evolution & Nature INC."

yeah...um. i hope you weren't making fun of me there. there was another book/movie that lots of people say the starship troopers (MOVIE) copied from.

other than that...yeah...they were called bugs in the book/movie...so omg they look like bugs! what an amazing thing you've found there, original poster man!

Did I make my point yet?

damn delay...

lol you are such a nerd

the bugs in the book had technology and such too.

not like the dumb movie ones

I don't want a sequel to the movie version.

I'd like a "remake" that followed the book perhaps.

GJaaGular, I totally agree with you.

Dont forget they also stole the game colors from nature.

1. Headcrab ripped off from Alien facehugger
2 .Zombie ripped off from Alien and The Thing and Night of the Living Dead
3. Ant Lions ripped off from Starship Troopers
4. Remote Sentry Guns ripped off from Aliens (Dir. Cut)
5. Combine Guards Ripped off from Starwars stormtroopers
6. G-man ripped off from X-files smoking man
7. Spinning blade event that cuts zombies in half ripped off from Dawn of the Dead helicopter refueling scene
8. Flying spy sentrys and sentrys with spinning blades ripped off from Phantasm's flying ball
9. Gorden Freeman ripped off from any unlikely hero movie aka Die Hard
10. Dog ripped off from Red Planet's Amy robot
11. Did I make my point yet?
damn delay...

1. Facehuggers fall off, headcrabs don't. Beyond the face-latching, they are totally disimilar.
2. Since when did NotLD invent zombies? That's like copyrighting vampires. HL zombies are some of the most original i've seen.
3.The only similarity between the ant lion and the ST bug are that they are yellow and have four legs. OMG! They ripped off cheetahs!!1
4. Remote sentry guns also exist in off numerous books and movies, as well as having real-life basis. What's your point?
5. Combine rip off starwars because? Is it the masks?
6. The entire X-files series was based on peoples 'real-life' conspiracy theories and mysteries.
7. Whoa, you're telling me that helicopters invented blades first? Why don't you give some respect to lawnmowers? That's thier turf!
8. Flying robots are ripoffs of walking robots.
9. There are only two types of heroes: Likely and unlikely. Was valve supposed to make a third choice?
10. Walking robots ripped off rolling robots.
11. If your point is that vague comparisons can be made between different things, then yes.

The moral:

OMGWTF!!!!!!!!11111 Both Jurassic Park and Barney have dinosaurs and children!!!!!! I will totaly flame thems because they are the same!

Holy Crap 3 pages !!!
You all love me you really love me...

Just curious, but what in the heck is that in your avatar?

what about reality tv shows? arnt they ripped off everything else? theres atleast 5 of them on each night so..what?

omfg, end this stupid thread.

EVERYTHING INFLUENCES EVERYTHING AFTER IT....

damn... you st00pid sheep!!! just end this annoying thread!

Pun of the century award goes to "Why don't you give some respect to lawnmowers? That's thier turf!"

A work of genius sir

Back