Could there really be a hl2 mp? think about it

Silent_night

Reaction score
ok , whats strange is , in the last interview with Doug (i believe it was) they asked him , is there going to be a hl2 mp , and he replied simply "Nope" now if it really has no MP i am guess he would of said , something like " No we decided not to include a HL2 mp bnecasue we already have Cs:s ..bla bla bla" but he just said Nope , it really sounds like they are hiding something.

They said definitely no, quit getting your hopes up. It does not exist as of the present.

what would you want? a deathmatch? a co-op version? deathmatch is already coming out from adre3naline gamer 2 and im sure someone will make a co op mod. dont worry about it.

Ten bucks says youll be able to connect and play with each other in hl2 but it wont be official.

Tork said:
Ten bucks says youll be able to connect and play with each other in hl2 but it wont be official.

you're on(if you're being serious). paypal?

Icarusintel said:
my god you're clutching at straws man, let it go, let it die in peace
Not even straws. This guy is clutching at air. :E

Rockstar said there was no multiplayer for San Andreas =P but there is.

ok , whats strange is , in the last interview with Doug (i believe it was) they asked him , is there going to be a hl2 mp , and he replied simply "Nope" now if it really has no MP i am guess he would of said , something like " No we decided not to include a HL2 mp bnecasue we already have Cs:s ..bla bla bla" but he just said Nope , it really sounds like they are hiding something.

I really don't know how much clearer they can make it. CS:S is the multiplayer. It has been said many times from various valve people. There is no CTF or DM mode or anything like that planned right now.

I really don't see why people have to keep deluding themselves because its not gonna happen. Besides the mod community is gonna make a by far funner multiplayer experience than what valve would have time to whip up.

Silent_night said:

Yeah there's even no "Maybe later" it feels a bit strange, although i don't doubt that there won't be multiplayer in Half-Life 2.

So he might say it because they're purposely waiting for MP in an expansion or something.

Are you being serious? Is there really multiplayer in ps2 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas? I don't follow it very much, but that would be cool. I guess your kidding though.

I wouldn't worry anyway. You'll have to go probably a week MAX without some DeathMatch. It's as if everyone forgets about mods and modders :p. CS:S would just be the only -official- multiplayer at release. Same went for it for HL1 (except it wasn't CS) Then independent people made CS, Team Fortress on the HL Engine, Day of Defeat, and so on.

I love how desperate people are for vanilla DeathMatch for HL2.
So sad.

a large portion you are stereotyping just want any type of hl2mp, not necessarily a vanilla deathmatch. come again

WhiteZero said:
I love how desperate people are for vanilla DeathMatch for HL2.
So sad.

If they got it would be just like HLDM, no way there will be any Manipulator in the game.

So it might be they're just using HL: Source's DM if it's even in.

But some kind of class based TFC like HL2 MP would be cool. But maybe they're doing that for TF2? Could be cool with Combine vs. Resistance maybe even vs. aliens.

Even if VALVe never includes DM, you know someone is going to make a MOD for it anyway.

As disappointed as i am that theres no MP, i wont deny that it doesnt exist. "You know it to be true".

(oh no! double negitive)

Oh and poseyjmac....that avatar is killing me; i feel as if i'm about to go into some type of hypnotism by watching that.

dont know if this is new but check this out

http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/

Gordon Freeman is back! Along with scientist Eli Vance and his daughter Alyx, your mission is to save the world from total alien domination. See, that little incident in Black Mesa was just the beginning: now those pesky Xen invaders and a new threat called the Combine have spread across the whole Earth, causing massive amounts of death and destruction. It’s up to you to set things right.
Half-Life 2 picks up some time after the original Half-Life left off - with Gordon working for the G-Man - and takes place in and around an eastern European-type city called City 17. Multiplayer with "at least 32 players" will be included, but Valve hasn't disclosed much additional info about online play at this time (although we do know there won't be built-in co-op). For more information, check out GameSpy.com's Half-Life 2 preview.

Half-Life 2 can be pre-ordered with a credit card over Steam, Valve's proprietary content delivery system, and will be in stores on November 16th, 2004.

junglespider said:

Gordon Freeman is back! Along with scientist Eli Vance and his daughter Alyx, your mission is to save the world from total alien domination. See, that little incident in Black Mesa was just the beginning: now those pesky Xen invaders and a new threat called the Combine have spread across the whole Earth, causing massive amounts of death and destruction. It’s up to you to set things right.
Half-Life 2 picks up some time after the original Half-Life left off - with Gordon working for the G-Man - and takes place in and around an eastern European-type city called City 17. Multiplayer with "at least 32 players" will be included, but Valve hasn't disclosed much additional info about online play at this time (although we do know there won't be built-in co-op). For more information, check out GameSpy.com's Half-Life 2 preview.

Half-Life 2 can be pre-ordered with a credit card over Steam, Valve's proprietary content delivery system, and will be in stores on November 16th, 2004.

So?... they are probably just referring to cs:s

Yogibbear said:
So?... they are probably just referring to cs:s

but that page i just posted as been updated , so y not say cs.s ?

plus y dose it say (although we do know there won't be built-in co-op) we know all about cs.s we play it dont we ?

:dozey: Why do we have to say CS:S? Yes, Half Life 2 DOES have a multiplayer; Counter Strike: Source. They keep saying CS:S IS Half Life 2's multiplayer.

Well, they wouldn't tell us if there was obviously.

So we don't know.

junglespider said:

They probably just havent bothered updating that description after the interview that blatantly says it wont be in.

ailevation said:
:dozey: Why do we have to say CS:S? Yes, Half Life 2 DOES have a multiplayer; Counter Strike: Source. They keep saying CS:S IS Half Life 2's multiplayer.

so y are thay saying this

Multiplayer with "at least 32 players" will be included, but Valve hasn't disclosed much additional info about online play at this time

when cs.s is allready out ?????

WhiteZero said:
They probably just havent bothered updating that description after the interview that blatantly says it wont be in.

you maybe right

but thay have updated the part that says Half-Life 2 can be pre-ordered with a credit card over Steam, Valve's proprietary content delivery system, and will be in stores on November 16th, 2004 .. but maybe thay forgot to update the rest

Xrenity said:
Well, they wouldn't tell us if there was obviously.

So we don't know.

Yes we do. There is no HL2 MP. None. I don't know what Valve has to do to convince you idiots of this.

junglespider said:
so y are thay saying this

Multiplayer with "at least 32 players" will be included, but Valve hasn't disclosed much additional info about online play at this time

when cs.s is allready out ?????

:dozey: They've had that info out for like eternity, I don't see much changes at all @ planethalflife.net.

EDIT: They managed to add release date info though.

i don't see what the big deal is... i love cs:s. i know any hl2dm would be pretty crappy. and as much as i like kicking asses online, i also like to put on my headphones and play a good single player game.

i'm just too ancy about hl2 finally coming out to even whine about a hl2dm.

Back