Could this be a fully modified "transhuman?"

TriggerHappy

Reaction score
This is a recurring poster found throughout the game. I don't know what it is, but the thought occurred to me that if *might* be some sort of artist's rendition of the fully modded transhuman. Considering that the Combine super soldiers' one "eye" is in a place where a human couldn't see through it, this weird thing might be able to use it instead. Comments?

Attachments

• d1_trainstation_030000.jpg
    d1_trainstation_030000.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 510
I can't say I remember seeing that anywhere.... Could be photoshopped.

I'm pretty sure that's photoshopped. I remember the surround posters... and I think I would've remembered THAT, but I dont. Plus, from a purely photoshopper's perspective... the colors are all off.

Either that, or you're running a different version of the game. A mod or cracked version, maybe.

It's not photoshopped. It appears many times in the game. I have no idea what it means though.

I don't think it's an Overwatch unit of any type. The Overwatch gets Combine-tech implants, yet that weird looking creature seems to be all organic. Not very likely that it's Combine - as they enhance everything with technology.

Well, it possibly just an old movie poster. I mean if you saw a poster for an Alien movie you wouldn't think its some evolved human.

TriggerHappy said:
Could this be a fully modified "transhuman?"

Yes. Fully modified transhumans are superbuff and have vacuum cleaner installments for their heads. You are correct.

sfc_hoot said:
It's not photoshopped. It appears many times in the game. I have no idea what it means though.

I don't think it's an Overwatch unit of any type. The Overwatch gets Combine-tech implants, yet that weird looking creature seems to be all organic. Not very likely that it's Combine - as they enhance everything with technology.

It is also in the Raising the crowbar

Maybe it's just a piece of concept art Valve wanted to include in the game

Yep, I remmember that picture but I don´t agree with you.....

It is also in the Raising the crowbar

If you're referring to the "Raising the Bar" concept art book, what page is it on? I can't seem to find it...

Seppo said:
Maybe it's just a piece of concept art Valve wanted to include in the game
Yeah... I think it's something they churned out, took one look at it and thought "This would be a crap design to put in our game, but on some level it's actually quite cool". I doubt very much that it reflects anything combine, though it may have been a piece of design work exploring the combine themes. They needed to put some junk on the walls, and thought they'd put this up, particuarly as it is so "unique".

And all those who think this is photoshopped in... honestly. Why would anyone bother to do that? Photoshop is becomming some kind of post-modern god - if something can't be explained, Photoshop did it.

It's not photoshopped - the texture appears in Hammer.

-Angry Lawyer

Attachments

• posters.JPG
    posters.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 366
i think the colours just looked wierd and too bright cos you were shining your flashlight on them

I'm glad that wasn't an enemy. You could never beat it. You would laugh you head off every tome you saw it.
:LOL:
Sorry I looked at it again.

That's gotta be the elite with their one big red eye, what else could it be? You gotta admit one thing, Elites can't have 2 eyes.

To Angry Lawyer:
Your reponce to everything is to post a thing from the real world. I don't like that. It reminds me there is a real world. ;(

I think it's one of the combine troops. The white ones with the glowing eye in the centre of their face. Just he's not wearing his helmet or armor. This is how the combine alters the biological. Looks like the combine removed the creatures head and replaced it with a red eye for seeing.
Well that's my thought anyway.

I doubt that poster thing has any significance at all. It looks like something you'd see on a 50 year old horror film. Probably just there for decoration.

Blakeb155 said:
I doubt that poster thing has any significance at all. It looks like something you'd see on a 50 year old horror film. Probably just there for decoration.
Meh... he said it. C'mon guys, not everything has a hidden meaning to it. :rolleyes:

Im not positive, but I think it is a character from Gamepro magazines from years ago.. Im almost certain.

I saw it in the leaked model viewer. It looked sweet in there and has a human head sunken under the armor right below the "green head thing" But it also looked like it came from a Quake game so I'm glad they cut it. (Was a big suit guy)

Do you guys ever think that not everything you see must be an "evolved combine transhuman" ? :p

Back