Could 'Watchmen' Get Delayed to 2010?

derrll

Reaction score
Frakking lawsuits.

Last month, Elisabeth alerted you to the legal turmoil bubbling around Watchmen. Basically, 20th Century Fox used to have the rights, and claim they still have them, so they're trying to prevent Warner Brothers from releasing the eagerly awaited film. Warner Brothers, meanwhile, claims that Fox has sat silently until the film was set to go, knowing full well what was happening.

Now The New York Times says that Warner is pushing for a trial date of April, with Fox pushing for June. Assuming that the film can't be released until this is cleared up, we might not only not get Watchmen in March, but also not in the summer of 2009. Will we have to wait until 2010? I don't want to think about it. There's a whole swarm of moviegoers peeved about the Harry Potter delay. I can't imagine what a year-long delay would do to Watchmen fiends. Where's Doctor Manhattan when you need him? Or a jail-storming Nite Owl and Silk Spectre?

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/09/02/no-no-no-could-watchmen-get-delayed-to-2010/

WHAT! **** NO! If this happens man speechless.

I will go on a mother****ing killing rampage if this happens. It's possibly one of my most eagerly anticipated films ever. Alongside the Matrix sequels and Kill Bill 2.

Yeah, heard about this a while ago. Goddamn Fox.

Back