Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta Adds Community Features

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Yes, Valve is actually touching Counter-Strike 1.6 again. There is a Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta available to all existing Counter-Strike owners adds some of the Steamworks features. To opt into the Beta, run

[br] steam://install/150

[br] The focus of this beta is on the dedicated server component, in particular the Linux piece. Here are the specific changes:[br]

Integrated Steam Community features into Counter-Strike
  • In-game player name now automatically uses player's Steam Community name
  • Avatars are displayed on the scoreboard

Other Fixes:
  • Prevented some cvar exploits (thanks to AnAkIn for pointing them out)

I saw AciD play 'Counter-Strike Steamworks Beta' and I thought it was the new CSS :(

No, the new CSS update which will come out with any luck.

Yes there is an early concept idea sitting in Valve's office which one person I believe is working on called Counter Strike 2, with brand new maps and completely different weapons. It's meant to be a stand alone separate game.

But yes this is good news for CS1.6, very happy to see this make it's way back to the golden oldie games, I wonder why they prioritised it over CSS?

I doubt a CS2 would ever happen. I mean, what would change? Weapons, maps ... oh, don't we get them in TF2 updates? Might as well add it to exsisting game.

I doubt a CS2 would ever happen. I mean, what would change? Weapons, maps ... oh, don't we get them in TF2 updates? Might as well add it to exsisting game.
CS2 would be for CS, like TF2 is for TFC.

No it's not, Insano is trying to say there is a huge change and drastic alteration in the way the game will turn out using CS 1.6 as the basis.

CSS is exactly the same as CS 1.6 (without a riot shield) and a couple more maps, most have been ported over though. TFC to TF2, it's the same idea, but the art design is completely different, classes composition has completely changed, couple returning maps but completely reworked, new additions to the game (ubercharges / unlocks / invisible spies) etc.

CS2 idea is the same, it will be completely removed from anything we know in CS 1.6 or CSS. It's a long way away so lets forget about it, "Counter Strike Online" will be out before then.

Isn't Counter-Strike Online that Korean remake of Condition Zero?

Isn't CS2 adobe photoshop made by adobe?

But i get what youre trying to say Glenn. So do we expect a campaign and cartooney characters?

my friends are always playing the counter strike game but i dont know what series are they playing

Back