CPU, Motherboard & RAM ID Tool

MRG

Reaction score
Greetings All,

Over the past month, I have been getting alot of requests for help on various forums, in regards to what type of CPU they have, the type of Motherboard & the type of RAM used. While there are several programs out that can give you an in-debth report about the hardware hidden within your PC, not everyone spends an insane amount of time working on their PC & so many people don't know what all the numbers & letters in the report means. I have a fix to this. It is a very simple & yet powerful tool, that will tell you all the important info you want to know about the "Brain & Body" of your PC.All the while it's ok if your the worlds biggest PC newbie. I have used this program for years & never thought to post it. I am talking about:

CPU-Z
http://www.cpuid.com/

CPU-Z is a freeware detection program base on the Panopsys hardware detection engine. This tool computes the real latency of each cache memory level. Notice that the reported sizes may not be the correct ones on CPUs that use an exclusive L2 (for example a Duron will report a 128Kb L2 cache size instead of 64Kb, because the L1 size included).Moreover, notice that using this tool if the CPUs is heavy loaded can provide bad results. Please use the "Refresh" button to restart the calculationIt allows to get some information on your system, including:

Processor name and vendor
Core stepping and process
Processor package
Processor current core voltage
Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier
Partial overclock detection
Processor features, including supported
instructions sets.

L1 to L3 cache information : location, size, speed, technology.
Motherboard information : name, vendor, BIOS, chipset, memory, AGP.
Memory information : size, type, timings, specifications.

It will allow you to pick the RAM from any of the RAM banks on your motherboard & it will give the; Make, Model & Speed of the RAM. For example, you have "512mb Corsair XMS PC-4000" It will tell you just that.

CPU-Z also provides several tools: A complete html report. Several raw outputs : CPUID, PCI device list, PCI dump. A memory modules SPD (Serial Presence Detect) report. A cache latency calculation tool

CPUs
Quite all Intel's and AMD's CPUs that hold cpuid instruction are supported.
Latest i486, Pentium, Pentium MMX, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Celeron, Pentium III, Pentium 4, Pentium III-M, Pentium 4-M, Pentium M; Am5x86, K5, K6, K6-2, K6-III, K6-2+, K6-III+,

Athlon (4, XP, MP), Duron, Athlon 64, Opteron, X2, FX; VIA C3 (Samuel, Samuel2, Ezra, Ezra-T, Nehemiah), Cyrix M1, M2 ;

Chipsets
Following chipsets are fully supported: Intel i430TX, i440LX, i440FX, i440BX/ZX, i810/E, i815/E/EP/EM, i845, i845E, i845G, i850/E,
i845PE/GE, E7205 (Granite Bay), E7500, i852, i855, i865P/PE/G (Springdale), i875P (Canterwood). VIA Apollo VP3, Apollo Pro, Apollo Pro +, Apollo Pro 266, KX133, KT133(&A), KT266(&A), KT400,
P4X266(&A), PT880, K8T800. AMD 751, 761, 762 (760MP).
SiS 645, 648, 735. nVidia nForce 1, 2, 3 & 4 series.

Pretty much every chipset under the sun is supported.

Operating systems
Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, 2000 and XP. The Window
64-bit versions for AMD64 systems are also supported.

Hope this helps.

-MRG

Common knowledge round here my friend... a quick search would have told you that.

Anyway, welcome to the forums ;)

"Don't drink the water, they put something in it"

Common knowledge round here my friend... a quick search would have told you that.

Anyway, welcome to the forums ;)

"Don't drink the water, they put something in it"

Opps, sorry for the duplicate info post mate!. Though, for the most part, pretty much every topic has already been covered right? These forums have been up for a long time & provide a massive amount of info. While true, it may be common knowledge for some, if not most, it's not common knowledge for everyone. Some might not even know what CPU-Z is & so wouldn't know what to search for. This was meant for them in the hopes they see it before it gets pushed several pages back.

Thank you for the welcome!

-MRG

Back