Crossbow "Arrow Cam" ??

denlife7

Reaction score
I was reading a thread a while back about the weapons menu in the e3 2k4 video and how there is an image of the crossbow weapon from hl1. Remember how there was a part in the CS:Source video when the sniper zooms in on the terrorist? Well I think maybe the crossbow (if it is in the final game) may have a similar effect from long range (kind of like in Max Payne when he fires the sniper rifle and you get bullet cam).

So you think there may be a bit of "arrow cam" lovin' in hl2?

I highly doubt it, but wow... that would be a great addon to a hl2dm mod.

That'd be somewhat unrealistic, and valve is doing their best to keep the game as POV-centric as possible.

They'd only put an arrow-cam in if there were actually cameras in the arrows, and a monitor built into Gordon's HUD. :O

An arrow cam would be, what's the word i'm looking for? Homosexual?

Good point about the POV Mechagodzilla, that pretty much answers my question on that then :cheers:

would be pretty good for a deathmatch mod. I reckon the camera system they have built into Source is one of the best features in the engine. The POV that is so fiercely protected in Half-Life means that the camera system is not fully utilised. I look forward to mods and licensed games and seeing what they come up with for using the camera system.

silverstreaks sig: its tRa-la-la, go online and look for gunther's lyrics. that song is hilarious

srry this is spam, but gunther's song is just so, sooo funny

You will never leave Gordon's body or PoV.

No it IS "Talala" i just looked it up and also turned my speakers up to listen to it, no R in there!

I think a cool addition for a mod would be some kind of enginner class that could build cameras. The best part though, would be that he also would build a camera port, where it would have screens on all sides displaying his cameras.

Any kind of bullet camera or arrow cam would be in my opinion would be a really bad thing in HL2. I played MP2 and found the sniper bullet camera thing really stupid.

arrow cam.... to quote comic book man.

stupidest ****ing idea.....ever

could be cool for a mod, or in fact better than that, a spy mod using a device with a camera on it, like a fly or something that you can control around an environment with a monitor you hold,....

Just stick a camera on the end of a rocket instead. An arrow wouldn't be a good choice.

An arrow cam would destroy the game me thinks...
I mean, what happened to "you are Gordon Freeman"?
"you are an arrow!"

Nah... Altough a mod with this would be great.

denlife7 said:
I was reading a thread a while back about the weapons menu in the e3 2k4 video and how there is an image of the crossbow weapon from hl1. Remember how there was a part in the CS:Source video when the sniper zooms in on the terrorist? Well I think maybe the crossbow (if it is in the final game) may have a similar effect from long range (kind of like in Max Payne when he fires the sniper rifle and you get bullet cam).

So you think there may be a bit of "arrow cam" lovin' in hl2?
sorry to dissapoint you, but that wasnt a 'bullet cam' it was just a good time for the camera to switch perspective. it wont be in the game.

On Fenric's point about a camera on the end of a rocket it has already been done, get SSH it has controllable rockets and all kinds of funky other weapons, its cool.

obviously Valve is not THAT concerned with realism. otherwise they wouldnt have that magic grenade launcher on the tiny SMG.

DeltaBlast said:
Anyway, it would be cool if the rocket launcher would have a third setting: control the rocket yourself. View from the missile cam on the back and control it with the mouse ^_^

That would rock soo much!!! :D
I remember in N64 the game Perfect Dark had that. It was soo funny going after people that where running from your rocket :rolling:

You can pretty easily do that in a realistic fashion, you just put the camera display material thing on the missile launcher HUD model, so you can see it, and when you launch the missile it activates and you can just put the cam on the rocket model. Only problem is mapping a function key, to assume control of the missile. (you could have little joystick on the missile launcher model, which gordon would grab when you went into rocket control mode!)

Maybe I missed it but nobody mentioned Unreal Tournaments Redeemer? That one has a camera mode...

Back