CS:S Crashing to Desktop

N

Nicon

I know several people have had to deal with this issue. I have searched to mb on this topic and each thread seems to be unresolved. My issue is that when I launch CS:S (after update is complete, including the monitored update), it crashes, or should i say exits, to desktop after about 3-5 secs with no error message. I have no idea what the problem could be so if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated, thanks.

AMD 1700+
Nforce2 Mobo
Geforce Ti4400
768 mb ddr ram
120 gb hd

I have that same problem.....but the wierd thing about mine is that I was playing CS:Source last night.....

Same happened to me last night, crashed and went to desktop, but I got an error. It was late, so I did a "fix" I read in a different forum and then started reloading it, then went to bed. I got up at 4AM and checked it out - download was done and I got in and did the vid test and actually played a little CS:S. Was not awake and I played pitifuly, and didn't enjoy the experience like I would when I was fully awake. Well, I went back to bed and got up at 6 and tried to play again - I got the same crash to desktop and error that I got last night. Weird. Well, I am sure Valve is working on the issue, because MANY people are having many of the same problems. I don't have details on me (I'm at work) about my error, or the forum I found the "fix" in...

My crash to desktop is because my brother is logged in next to me. I can only join if he logs out.

The only time it crashes is when I'm about to join a server.....and it doesn't give me an explanation for the crash!

Worked for me! :D It also fixed my server lag when joining.

Back