CS:S for everyone!

M

mafia mupa

I was thinking, why dont VALVe give all of us to test CS:S, thought pretty many have played it already.
It would be much help to bug finding also.
And it may calm down fans(who havent played it already) who got upset about delay, thought pretty many have played it already.

just my 2 cents

mafia mupa said:
I was thinking, why dont VALVe give all of us to test CS:S, thought pretty many have played it already.
It would be much help to bug finding also.
And it may calm down fans(who havent played it already) who got upset about delay, thought pretty many have played it already.

just my 2 cents
It's a good idea in theory, but the idea behind it was that the beta test would be more focussed on a smaller amount of people to be able to handle the amount of bug reports better.

I mean, on average there is normally around 15,000 people playing CZ at anyone time and all of those people are eligible for the beta. Not a bad number.

If it was open to all then there'd be 100,000+ people playing the game and all of them sending bug and crash reports - they'd never get any bugs fixed with all of the sifting they'd have to do through the reports.

Also, the beta is likely to be over within the next few weeks. If HL2 reaches RC stage on the 15th, it basically means Valve think they've got a releasable version and there wouldn't be a need for us to find any more bugs.

yea, forgot its going "hopefully" be over in few weeks

Chris_D said:
It's a good idea in theory, but the idea behind it was that the beta test would be more focussed on a smaller amount of people to be able to handle the amount of bug reports better.

I mean, on average there is normally around 15,000 people playing CZ at anyone time and all of those people are eligible for the beta. Not a bad number.

If it was open to all then there'd be 100,000+ people playing the game and all of them sending bug and crash reports - they'd never get any bugs fixed with all of the sifting they'd have to do through the reports.

connecting to cs:[email protected]
receiving new bug reports.
you have 32.657.352 new bug reports

lol that would be to much to handle yes

Back