CS:S Map Confirmation

Crusader

Reaction score
CS:S Map Confirmation

"I just got this from Erik Johnson about the CS:S beta and what maps will come with it -

It will be de_dust, along with a couple of maps that test specific
Source Engine functionality on your computer.

Thanks for confirming that, Erik."

Sounds interesting,hopefully this way we'll get a nice sneak peak at some of the features of Source not seen in De_Dust

cool, i thought we were ONLY getting dust. do you know what the other 2 maps are?

I wonder if those testmaps are also multiplayer maps, I suppose so, but maybe they're just there to show off water or something (which is not in dust).

PvtRyan said:
I wonder if those testmaps are also multiplayer maps, I suppose so, but maybe they're just there to show off water or something (which is not in dust).

Yeah, I'm thinking things like water, physics, etc.

i said earlier that it would be cool if they included test maps so we could try out scource, but everyone said it was a bad idea.

SO "HA" TO THEM :p :p

Not long now :) The only problem is, I'll be torn between CS Source and that other excellent game that is coming out on the 8th (in uk) whose name I daren't mention here.

Doom3

OMG a map with only barrels!!! lol if they included that it would be so cool, just shooting piles of barrels into the water or something, it would be all fun!!!!

i asked this question earlier but didn't get a response so i will ask in this thread =D. what is the difference between counter strike source and counter strike 2? i thought they were the same thing but people are making it seem like 2 different things. i'm confused =(

Probably get aztec to test weather effects and water.

Counter-strike: Source (CS:S) is simply a port of Counter-strike to the Source engine. Same basic maps, a few tweaks, but basically a port.

CS2 (which is completely under wraps) is being developed from scratch using the source engine. A whole new game.

S

scaryberry said:
Counter-strike: Source (CS:S) is simply a port of Counter-strike to the Source engine. Same basic maps, a few tweaks, but basically a port.

CS2 (which is completely under wraps) is being developed from scratch using the source engine. A whole new game.

S
cool. counter strike 2 will be free right?

DrunkPanda said:
cool. counter strike 2 will be free right?
No, its a WHOLE NEW GAME. CS:S is just cs1.6 ported over to the half-life2 source engine.

^ what does that have to do with my question of whether counter strike 2 is free or not?

DrunkPanda said:
^ what does that have to do with my question of whether counter strike 2 is free or not?

Because CS was a mod, this will not be.

I think they should include one map from each gametype. Dust, Italy, and Oilrig for instance.

DrunkPanda said:
Im saying NO its not FREE. Because its a whole NEW game.

Just Like Condition zero. Was Condition Zero free if you had CS or HL?

What a soap opera...

A Media Blackout until HL2/CS:source was GOLD would have been better for VALVe! Don't mad scientist's work better in secret anyway?

That would have probably avoided the source code theft too.

woulda,coulda,shoulda

i hope they have a hostage rescue map in there somewhere.. preferrably Italy :)

yeah it would be great to see if the hostages are still dumb as bricks, and wont climb ladders.

oilrig would own so hard i think...it already does but i think if they actually made it look good with like an ocean around it it would own even harder...on another note that's completely unrelated....turtles are fukin awesome!

I would like to see cs_thunder and cs_dunei n cs source and a remake of as_tundra that is actually good

Imagine all of the ice using shaders and normal maps

acme420 said:
yeah it would be great to see if the hostages are still dumb as bricks, and wont climb ladders.

in CZ the hosties are smarter in that sense.. if u jump off the top T-spawn area onto the long hallway in Italy, the hosties follow u and jump off as well.. now whether they change it for CS:Source is a different story..

in CZ, hosties are greatly improved.. and i like that :)

in CZ, hostages can climb LADDERS :O

soon they will be better than REAL hostages, and will be able to make complicated movements like scratching their ass!

in CS, i have never had any incidents where hostages have got stuck, and it is impossible to get them out. (exept taking them in the sewers in militia, but thats obvious.)

first time i played CZ, i was on italy and i ran to the hostage area, and one of them was standing in the doorway with his head clearly IN the top of the doorframe... impossible to get him out...
Second time i played CZ, i took the hostages down the sewers in millitia, and 3 of them got stuck either on the rampy bits on the floot, or hung from the celieng by the head. impossible to get them out, too... so i shot them. i also shot the one that was fine, because it was funny :)
(this wasnt on a server, i was just messing around :) )

from then on i played DE maps... :)

I hope to see Jeepathon2k or a clone of that map in the Counter-Strike Source beta.

Timmy said:
I hope to see Jeepathon2k or a clone of that map in the Counter-Strike Source beta.

Even the source engine couldn't make Jeepathon a good map.What is the map supposed to be anyway? A Bathtub with vehicles in it?

I cannot understand why people hold onto that map like it was the greatest map of all time?

why not download and play cs_dune,it has vehicles and it's a 100X better than Jeepathon

Jeepathon Stinks!!!

filipeg165 said:
OMG a map with only barrels!!! lol if they included that it would be so cool, just shooting piles of barrels into the water or something, it would be all fun!!!!

Grenades! you forgotgrenades!

Even the source engine couldn't make Jeepathon a good map.What is the map supposed to be anyway? A Bathtub with vehicles in it?

because it's fun to run your friends over, that's why, don't you ever have any fun? Didn't think so.

Back