CS:S Mappack available (20 maps)

Ooo... anyone got a maplist!? I'd also like to know if anyone of them are playable.

I give fileplanet a day before they realize what they did they take them down.

As far as I'm aware at this time, these maps have been compiled and/or created using the stolen tools included in the stolen source code files of last year.

They're all crap anyway.

Chris_D said:
As far as I'm aware at this time, these maps have been compiled and/or created using the stolen tools included in the stolen source code files of last year.

They're all crap anyway.
i realize that HL2 isn't out yet, but since CS:S is it would have been nice of them to release the SDK...don't they normally do that ahead of actual release anyway. I don't know if it is iunder restrictions though or not

I'm downloading them now, I'll post the list here later. And Chris_D don't hate me for doing this, but I'm really bored with the current maps ;(

oh wah wah wah its stolen who cares. everything is stolen sooner or later, in one way or another.

copied, rather than stolen.

Neutrino said:
...and you would know this how? ;)
Heh :p

I've played them on various previous versions of CS. Some of them are common normal CS custom maps. Admittedly I haven't played them all, but I doubt you'll be seeing these on our servers unless they're supported by Valve and the CSTeam.

I'm gonna download them and test. If it's just a collection of the crap maps that was out before the release of CS:S I will delete them before you guys could say "Hottentottenpotentatentanteattentäter!"

OK, so HL2 will be out before you delete them... I got stuck right after potentate

Map list:

maps.jpg

Hmm... if they are built using the stolen build, then how come fileplanet is hosting them?

Great, I installed all of them and now the big containers on office simply have "error" flashing all over and some textures on various maps are corrupted. Guess I shouldn`t have overwritten all files...

MaxiKana said:
Hmm... if they are built using the stolen build, then how come fileplanet is hosting them?

Fileplanet can not track down every single file they have hosted, plus this is probably submitted by a user.

Since you guys do veiw these as very taboo anymore you better all play my assualt port when its released :thumbs:

none of the maps (except inferno) had light sources for me, that is.. they had fullbright, also they all look like shite.

the only decent one was phys_funb5 and thats only fun because its got all the physics stuff in it.

tried em a week ago (about 26 maps or something) before I posted my thread on steam asking about the legality, once I found out they were illegal I deleted them all.

besides I didnt buy cs:s to play hl1 maps (ick)

Cheta said:
Since you guys do veiw these as very taboo anymore you better all play my assualt port when its released :thumbs:

As long as it isnt garbage like the other assault remake for cs:s (which was the exact same map, textures and all, from normal cs), then ill be playing it. Care to go into any detail about what your doing with your assault?

Check out the last post on the first page of this thread... look at the list, they are all the shitty maps that were built using the stolen tools like Chris_D has said. Not worth the time or effort... they all suck compaired to the offical maps.

Thanks for posting the list. Didn't bother installing them at all.. Illegal maps on my computer? No thank you.

This is a bit VALVe's fault though; there are way too few maps in CS:S. I was missing cs_siege, de_inferno, de_nuke and a couple more too.

Steam just sent me something..

I already got the rcon packet thing, but when I opened Steam just now, it came up with an updating platform thing. Wonder whats up..

guinny said:
As long as it isnt garbage like the other assault remake for cs:s (which was the exact same map, textures and all, from normal cs), then ill be playing it. Care to go into any detail about what your doing with your assault?

Im doing a 'direct' port, in that the layout of the level is the same but its all new brushes. I can link you if you would like.

There's only one good map in that pack, it's fy_street but it's pointless since there are no servers running it.

The fixed office and italy would have been a better map pack :p

Cheta said:

Release it already! :p

Back