CS:S problem?

RobBase

Reaction score
I have a shitty emachines T5010 its has 512RAM and i just bought a ATI 256 X1300 graphics card so i could actually play css well when i first started playing i could play in most servers without gettin booted for having high ping my ping is usually 80-120 but some servers i can get it down to about 50-60. Lately I get kicked from EVERY server and if i dont get kicked i lag BAD. and my ping is still any where from 60-100 but youd think it was 500 the way im lagging. I have wireless internet im not sure if this is my problem ive been told wireless has to constantly reconnect and pauses your connection and thats why i lag and get high ping. any one have any ideas or suggestions? thanks.:|

oh yeah and my fps is normally like 20-40 wth is going on? do i not have enough RAM?

make sure you dont have alot of network activity in the background or other computers connected to the network. if anothor computer is downloading alot then it will make you lag.

This isn't any help, but do you lag on custom maps?
I'm just wondering...

um im running a router this is my main computer and i have a laptop that i have a routher hooked up for. I disconnected the router today and the performance was a little better but still not ideal. My fps was still only like 15 lol its embarassing.:angry:

and i dont know about cumstom maps beacuse ive never DL any because it takes FOREVER to download maps for css when i could easily download one in a few seconds to play on a cs server.

network activity wont affect fps, but a slow pc can affect network activity.

eMachine huh? Make sure you dont have anything else running in the background. Last emachine i saw, i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows because of all the crap the computer comes with.

Back