CS:S Server with a Router

Acert93

Reaction score
I need a little assistance.

I am having trouble getting CS:S to run on my computer and allow people outside my LAN to join. LAN works fine and I can play games like BF1942 fine as well by opening up ports (14567 in the case of BF1942).

I have tried opening port 27015 for CS:S and I could not get it to work. I could join my friend's game over the net, but he could not join mine (he had DMZ enabled, so he did not do any port forwarding).

I have a Linksys Router (Wireless G, 2.4GHz, 54mbit) and know my IP. Does anyone know the correct way to set this up or know of a guide/tutorial? I am having a LAN party tomorrow and have two friends who would like to join us tomorrow.

Thanks for your assistance!

create a server and type in status in console. if the Ip has a differnet port other than 27015 that could be it, however it is weird that he can not join your game. all i do for my router is do port forwarding to my computer on 27015 and it works.

maybe try 27005? i know thats the default clientport...

Thanks! I will try that out.

Anyone know of a website with a walk through and troubleshooting for this kind of thing? Very annoying.

most of it i learned from gruesome sweating over steam :angry:

basicly when you host your own linux dedicated server since 1.6, and all your problems go unanswered, u tend to figure stuff out on your own. one thing that helped me in finding commands is going in game and just going into console and see what pops up

Try opening more ports, i forgot what they were for, but it worked for me, try opening 27010 - 27020, where was a site somewhere explaning this, but i forgot it : (

-NonStopableForce

you have to make your own Proxy server. i think.
but i dont know how, sorry :(

Thanks guys... still having troubles in CSS (but not other games) but I hope to figure it out soon! Thanks!

Back