CS:S Update Released!

Hyperjag3

Reaction score
http://www.steampowered.com/?area=news

An update to Counter-Strike: Source has just been released. Steam will update itself automatically when you restart. Here is a list of the changes:

COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE CHANGES / ADDITIONS:
* Fixed %n exploit crash
* Fixed smoke grenade stacking with repeating sounds
* Fixed smoke grenades getting stuck in cracks and never detonating

Great!

I got a Half Life 2 and Day of Defeat Source update instead?

that was weird.

Yay, was just about to post this. Nice detective work! :)

what about "the" wallhack command?

also, weren't the client.dll and server.dll in the cstrike folder? Now they aren't . . .

ailevation said:
:) Still there, I use it. JP

How lovely for you. I hope you get yourself vac banned when it comes online. I don't know how anyone here can put up with the self-admitting cheaters on this forum, you ruin the game for honest players, and well, i hope you get cheated in real-life. I wonder how l33t you'll think cheating is when your mrs is screwing the milkman or you get swindled out of your savings. [/rant]

never seen this bug before
the last one i mean with the smoke nades getting stuck and not detonating

myshkin said:
How lovely for you. I hope you get yourself vac banned when it comes online. I don't know how anyone here can put up with the self-admitting cheaters on this forum, you ruin the game for honest players, and well, i hope you get cheated in real-life. I wonder how l33t you'll think cheating is when your mrs is screwing the milkman or you get swindled out of your savings. [/rant]

Now why would I get banned? It's a built in cheat which happens to be a wallhack, not my fault... I am not tampering with anything. Rant these nuts, thank you. Do you know what JP is? The majority of CS:S players use it anyways, I mean I go into a server ask a dude that I KNEW was hacking, and he just tells us the command, siimple as that. Don't bitch at me for the game developers faults. You getting so angry you'd wish something bad in somebody's life just for cheating in a videogame shows how you most likely you won't have a Mrs to get screwed by the milkman

Okay, cool... the cheats are disabled, no more wallhacking.

ailevation said:
Now why would I get banned? It's a built in cheat which happens to be a wallhack, not my fault... I am not tampering with anything. Rant these nuts, thank you. Do you know what JP is? The majority of CS:S players use it anyways, I mean I go into a server ask a dude that I KNEW was hacking, and he just tells us the command, siimple as that. Don't bitch at me for the game developers faults. You getting so angry you'd wish something bad in somebody's life just for cheating in a videogame shows how you most likely you won't have a Mrs to get screwed by the milkman

Like for like i say, and i wasn't that angry, i'd just like to impress upon you that ruining fun for others deserves your fun to be ruined also. Just because the commands were available, didn't mean you had to use them, it's like robbing a bank because they left a gun on the counter. I really can't respect anyone like yourself, you need to find some integrity.

Oh as you're so curious as to whether an honest character can score, yes i do have a mrs, and she's quite wonderful. :)

ailevation said:

you sir, are an idiot.

who cares, gonna spare yourself some fun because you think you're all high and mighty? i'm glad i tried it while it was out there, now its gone and i dont really care. but i didnt care about people using it either, because i knew it would be gone soon.
just like back in one of the early versions or late betas the speed hack was there, it was hilarious and yeah i used it a few times because it was funny. and then it was gone, and now i can say i used it, with a smile on my face.
you just say you didnt, with gritted teeth.

damn, are the smoke stacks really gone? :/

NOoOOOOoOOOOOoOOOOoOOOooOOOOooooOOOOOoo!

Wesisapie said:
who cares, gonna spare yourself some fun because you think you're all high and mighty? i'm glad i tried it while it was out there, now its gone and i dont really care. but i didnt care about people using it either, because i knew it would be gone soon.
just like back in one of the early versions or late betas the speed hack was there, it was hilarious and yeah i used it a few times because it was funny. and then it was gone, and now i can say i used it, with a smile on my face.
you just say you didnt, with gritted teeth.

No, you see, you're applying your values to everyone else. Not everyone thinks that using cheats, hacks and exploits is funny.

So when I say that I didn't use the speedhack, there's no teeth-gritting involved. I don't in the slightest bit feel that I've missed out on something.

myshkin said:
Like for like i say, and i wasn't that angry, i'd just like to impress upon you that ruining fun for others deserves your fun to be ruined also. Just because the commands were available, didn't mean you had to use them, it's like robbing a bank because they left a gun on the counter. I really can't respect anyone like yourself, you need to find some integrity.

Oh as you're so curious as to whether an honest character can score, yes i do have a mrs, and she's quite wonderful. :)

:cheers: How would I be ruining their fun? If I were to hack, and not tell them... they wouldn't have been bothered. Now, if I were to hack then tell them... then they'd be bothered. Just like this case, if I hadn't mentioned that I have tried hacks, you wouldn't cry to your mother about me hackin' now wouldn't you? If the people don't know what's going on how could it ruin their fun? Exactly. Yes, just like robbing a bank with the gun on the counter, who fault was that leaving the gun on the ****in counter? Yes yes, we both know yer Mrs is quite wonderful :D .

You continue to make it seem like I use a hack everytime I play. Someone told me the command, I gave it a go a couple times, now the command has been disabled... no more hacking. There everyone happy, stop bitching, go play a sport.

aah, this thread is so funny, it's starting to sound like, god forbid, half-life 2 THE WORLD, if you know what I mean. People openly talking about exploits and hacking, brings back the bad ol' days. Anyone who has cheated/hacked before will most likely agree to hacking/cheating later on. Who wants that? How far will one of those people go to "have a bit of fun"?

Back