cs:source de_aztec bigger than the original?

P

Phracon

Attachments

• gate.JPG
    gate.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 1,000
  • nogate.JPG
    nogate.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,180
i seriously doubt it. and i think i can see a gate in the nogate.jpg you have to look close, ill go crop it.

I think that would be very cool if they added extra little passages and what not to some

existing maps.

No your right, there is no gate from what i can see, its probably not finished.
how do i add an attachment?? i have no clue how

ok there we go

man i love photoshop! Thats right folks pauly has supplied you with his own cropped version.
hehe :D

Attachments

• nogate.JPG
    nogate.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 662
Pauly said:
No your right, there is no gate from what i can see, its probably not finished.
how do i add an attachment?? i have no clue how
Make a post or edit an existing one, then scroll down past the typing window, and click on the 'Manage Attachments' button. Browse to the file on your computer, then upload it and post the message.

Edit: Nevermind.

Most likely the cs source vid on Aztec was taken at an early stage so that very little was finished.

I can't imagine it leads anywhere...a cliff edge maybes? :)

I doubt that they arent going to gate it off. It wouldnt fit the "cs with better graphics and physics" Theme of the game. Not that I wouldnt Like to see it open.

I actually think it was an old build for definate now.

Watching the bink vid again, when the ct had the awp, I didn't see any zoom effect on the scope of the rifle. I believe in the csnation preview they mentioned that this was one of the effects we would see in cs:source.

the zoom effect being like farcrys, where when your not scoped in and your looking at the gun, you can still see through the scope, but its zoomed in and accuratly shows what you can see.
*I'll find a piccy from farcry.
AWPSCOPE PICTURE

There is indeed no gate!

De_Aztec will not be any bigger though.

It's been said by Cliffe and many others various times that the maps thanks to newer dynamic skyboxes can 'appear' bigger, but they want to keep the action close-knit and not have people wandering for miles to fight so even though they look more spacey the old skool maps will be the same size.

That isn't to say that you can't make bigger maps (HL2 maps are 64 times bigger than HL1 maps), but it would be a lonley multiplayer environment (for CS anyway).

Attachments

• correct.jpg
    correct.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 589
Now remember guys. These maps can be MUCH larger than HL1 engine. The HL2 engine allows SUCH bigger maps. Don't remember how big off hand

A couple of feet doesn't really make too much of a difference, you might get away with camping there once or twice before the opposition figures you out.

Bicka said:
I actually think it was an old build for definate now.

Watching the bink vid again, when the ct had the awp, I didn't see any zoom effect on the scope of the rifle. I believe in the csnation preview they mentioned that this was one of the effects we would see in cs:source.

the zoom effect being like farcrys, where when your not scoped in and your looking at the gun, you can still see through the scope, but its zoomed in and accuratly shows what you can see.
*I'll find a piccy from farcry.
AWPSCOPE PICTURE

hmmm neat effect but very far from realistic. An analog scope has a limited area, and angle, from its optics in which the image will be visible to the viewer.

It leads nowhere. Plus, it's already been known that the layouts won't change. IMO, a WIP map.

from the korea movies of cs:s it looked as if dust 2 was larger aswell... especially inside the building/dark rooms

DE_Aztec is larger, there is no gate there anymore

In the korean movies you can see this as well

That tunnel goes under that paramyd

Maybe it just goes in a little and has a wall?

Either way it would be a camper's paradise because it's so dark and deep :(

would be cool if it would lead to stairs and then up inside the first room, if you know what i mean.
(behind the gate)

The gate isn't there because they haven't finished the beta. Don't expect an underground tunnel or anything map layouts will not change.

And no it's not getting bigger if anything it actually looks smaller.

I just hope they make the DD on aztec just like CZ.

CB | Para said:
The gate isn't there because they haven't finished the beta. Don't expect an underground tunnel or anything map layouts will not change.

And no it's not getting bigger if anything it actually looks smaller.

I just hope they make the DD on aztec just like CZ.

well maybe they're trying to make it look more open?

CS has used invisible walls in the past to stop people going where they dont belong, and I believe this is the case here.

This way it appears more open too.

I simply think they havnt made the grate model yet lol.

craigweb said:
well maybe they're trying to make it look more open?

CS has used invisible walls in the past to stop people going where they dont belong, and I believe this is the case here.

This way it appears more open too.

It will only confuse beginners : |

I wouldnt be too concerned with significantly larger maps. That was already experimented on with CS Beta 6 was mixed success... anyone remember de_railroad?

The addition of more players on a server with large maps in CS can add value to the game play but in the end when there is only 2 people left or the last person on a team is camping everyone else is dieing of boredom for the round to finish. Which I think took more away from the gameplay than added.

Pauly

Please change your avatar...

I dont like it when people steal it and use it on the same forum.

I've had it much longer than you have :thumbs:

Now Change It

Joeyslucky22 said:
Pauly

Please change your avatar...

I dont like it when people steal it and use it on the same forum.

I've had it much longer than you have :thumbs:

Now Change It

He stole it because it was the "Steal an avatar day!" yesterday..

Yeah...I didnt realise there were any Korean Vids out that showed aztec. The mecca ones briefly showed the T spawn area...

And the maps aren't bigger, distance wise, but they are definately 'beefier'. Check out the size of the ct's compared to the Ct bridge area :eek: They look like ants :)

it would be cool if they connect those 2 gates the 1 near the t spawn and the 1 near the bomb place

Well its Obvious the layouts will change, because there is a sniper tower on top of the Aztec Temple, by the bombing spot.

There are these invisible walls, you know? I guess there is one.

btw CS:S IS GODDAMN WIP ! :p

@ above me: i think you cant even reach the stairs of the temple... just static decoration

TheOriginalEvil said:
Well its Obvious the layouts will change, because there is a sniper tower on top of the Aztec Temple, by the bombing spot.

...10 character limit

They have made afew layout changes to the maps shown, italy, dust2, dust and aztec all show some new additions to their layout

Nope, they just show eye candy that gives you the impression that your not just playing in a caged arena. The maps will stay faithful to their original design.

aye, its been said that you can't climb the pyramid nor can you reach the sniper spots that seem to be present (and as there's no more boosting you aint gonna reach it)

Back