CS: Source Freezing

E

enyce

I recieved Half-Life 2 for Christmas and I am having some trouble with it. In Counter-Strike: Source, 2 out of 3 times my computer freezes when a server switches maps (on the screen with the loading bar). At first I thought it would be fixed in an update next week but I keep waiting and this keeps on happening to me over and over it is very frustrating. Even on Half-Life 2 single player the game freezes on my just about every 5 - 10 minutes. The original CS ran fine on my computer aswell as Unreal Tournament 2004 so I dont know what the problem is.

I have a Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz processor with 2 sticks of 512MB Kingston RAM and a ATI ALLINWONDER RADEON 9800 PRO video card. My windows XP is updated to the latest version, I have DirectX 9C (or whatever the newest one is), and the latest ATI drivers (just downloaded and tried them out yesterday). WHen I installed the drivers I carefully went through all there steps.

Any help is much appreciated guys, thanks.

Great, just got off the phone with ATI support the guy I talked to didn't know what to do. He told me i needed to talk to a Senior Tech Manager but he advised me to call back at a later time or tomorrow because there is a 40 minute wait time- This is ridiculous.

Any help is much appreciated guys. :dozey:

I'm not sure why this is happens to you, but it happens to me. I recieve radom crashes, freeze-up's and and 30-second shutters. I hope this gets fixed quickly because I'm getting annoyed.

Back