CS Source is lagging a lot but ping is low

• Thread starter chris_irwin1989
  • Start date
C

chris_irwin1989

hi, i can play cs source but it lags soooooo much it is virtually unplayable, if i go onto any normal sized maps such as cs_italy or de_dust2 even when there are like 2 other people playing on it it takes like aages to move. I know that it isnt my ping because that is always low.
the only exception is when i play on a small map like fy_iceworld or awp_arena that is the only time i can play properly.

i have resolution 800x600 and everything medium or low, i have tried to change everything to low but when i do so it comes up with the error message

hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

and then

the intruction at "0x00000200" referanced memory at "0x000002000".The memory could not be "read"

and then you have to terminate the program

the only thing i can think of is that i didnt upload counterstrike source from the half life 2 cd as i have lost it. I downloaded steam, logged into my user and downloaded it there. could this affect it?

please help

its doing the same for me,it only started yesterday before that everything was fine.I am able to play BF2 no probs so I am pretty sure it isn't a connection issue

Post your specs here so we know you're not playing on a 486 :).
It sounds a lot like a hardware problem though, how muich FPS do you get ingame? Type net_graph 3 and see what your average FPS is.

Lol in my case that was quite correct after checking with my ISP and upgrading my fouters firmware that didnt sort it out.

Then when i loaded it up again I found that everything was fine when looking at say a plain wall after checking my graphics options they had mysteriously all turned themselves up from the recomended level to full.Switched them back and hey presto its ok again

God I hate computers lol

i dont know a hell of a lot about my computer but iv got belarc so tell me what you need to know and il find out.

i typed net_graph 3 but nothing comes up, where is it sposed to tell you, do you have to be playing to get anything?

need to know your processor speed, how much RAM you have, graphics card...think thats it

If you have things like instant messengers, other programs, etc. then the game might lag.

i have msn and stuff but i exit befor i start playing the game

processor:2.00 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache

RAM: i dont no if this is ram or not but it says:512 Megabytes Installed Memory

graphics card: not sure if this is right either...
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller [Display adapter]
Dell 1726T-HS/D1025HT [Monitor] (16.1"vis, January 1997)

sorry i dont no much, i just ran belarc and tried to find out from that, im not very good with computers

i would suggest getting more RAM...thats what was going on with me and BF2, got a gig of it and runs beautifully

how do i get more ram, buy a better hard drive?, any other sugguestions thats less expensive seing as im 16 with no job

No, RAM is one of those two cards sticking up next to your proccesor (The big fan on top of the motherboard), you buy new sticks and from what I understand PC2100 would suit you.

how much would i be looking at, is it reasonably cheap?

i live in England alright thanx for your help guys il check it out

i live in England alright thanx for your help guys il check it out

Back