Cs_assault Model

buttcheek

Reaction score
Here is a model of the cs 1.6 assault map. It is not done, I have only finished what you see here. I will post more screenshots when I extend it. Also, I do realize that everything is not the exact same or identical.

Modeled in 3DSMax7.
Render time : 21:35 Minutes.
Rendered with : V-ray.
268 Poly's.
assault.jpg

keep goin looking good so far, dont be afraid to make the geometry more detailed than in the actual map. I actually cant believe that takes 21 minutes or so to render, what processor have you got? or have you got the subdiv settings really high..

The subdiv's are pretty high. I was going for good quality ;)
I am actually thinking that I will change some things around, rather then they are in the original map.

what subdivs ? can you show us a wireframe ? the scene look flat and lowpoly to me.

mindless_moder said:
what subdivs ? can you show us a wireframe ? the scene look flat and lowpoly to me.
Subdivs are something that Vray uses, unless you have Vray you most likely wont understand.

oh ok those subdivisions . i thought u meant the subdivisions or iterations created with smoothing.
im familiar with that but the quality you have there in ur renders could have been done with Mr in 2 seconds

Perhaps. I am still learning V-ray. I do not know the hole program yet, so I dont really know how to speed up the renderering process.

Vray uses light subdivision's for controlling the detail result of direct and secondary bounces, the higher the amount naturally the longer the render time.

But you still have to compromise between time and quality if your testing something out, it could be made to look just as nice with a 2 or 3 minute total render time.

you really dont have enough geometry to be wondering about the quality of renders just focus on the modeling for now

crackhead said:
why exactly are you modeling this. why not map it?
Well some of you already know, I am new at modeling. Why not model a scene to expand my knowledge of this 3D program? Their has already been many many remakes of this map. Their is no point in mapping this, especialy since valve has just released their version.

ok, i thought one of the remakes i had was better than the one valve made.

Back