CSN Counterpoint

Gunner

Tank
Reaction score
For those who've missed it here it is:

Hot Water Valve

Starts with Fragmaster's last post as to why he left PHL. Here's a good excerpt:

A few more things: First, I'd like to publicly apologize to Pratt for a comment I made in the forums which seemed to imply that he wasn't reporting news properly. I was wrong, and he has the right idea. Secondly, I'd like to thank the HL2.net forums for their... enthusiasm... and some of the most hilarious things I've ever read. I'll never forget that thread where somebody compared me to Hitler for saying that Half-Life 2 would be delayed last year.

Be sure to read the next pages!

Reading now... it's about time there was an intelligent dialogue on this. Good read. Thanks for the link, Para.

No problem, here's a good quote hehe:

I guess that's why you and I—the stupid, idiotic fanboys that we are—really don't give two loads about this HL2 delay mess. When the game finally ships, it'll have years of support ahead of it. Who cares if Doug Lombardi is really an evil werewolf?

That was actually a really (dare i say) intelligent article. Although it kinda comes across that the Half-Life community is split into two categories

I F*CKING HATE VALVE, THEY'RE LYING BASTARDS I HOPE THEY ROT IN HELL, BUT I'LL STILL BUY HL2 WHEN IT COMES OUT REGARDLESS, AND MAYBE EVEN CS:SOURCE, BUT VALVE STILL SUCK AND ARE THE WORST DEVELOPERS EVER, EVEN THOUGH I AM STILL PLAYING THEIR GAMES ALMOST 6 YEARS LATER

or

I don't care that they lied, i just want HL2

I reckon the reason alot people have begun hating Valve is because of such a high-profile they now have in the industry.

the majority of people in Britain hates Man U if asked
We complain about who our royals marry
we declare that the Americans are butheads and cant tell their @$$ from their elbow
we say that the government dosent listen to the people

The pattern is that sucessful people and organisations are always in for a batteing whenever they do anything. If you are a big company its hard to watch your step. no one person can control the overall effecto of the company.

What I'm trying to say is that Valve our victims of thir own sucess
they wouldnt be criticised if they were a small development house, with a modest hit. they are the premier FPS games developer in the world - arguably - in the largest growing sector of the entertainment industry.

Valve are getting to big for their boots..

but thats not their fault. they are just growing too fast.

I personally feel that Fragmaster's good-bye letter should be completely ignored. He is once again, acting like he is the smartest man alive, and like he is the only one, who really kows something about HL.
Well he isn't

Good read. Sheds a different view on the already controversially subject regarding VALVe's bussiness practices.

Back