css_assault by Tank

tank

Reaction score
Brillant job mate. Really polished and all seems in working order. I'll join the server when my steam is done finishing Source SDK. While i am waiting can you give me any tips to using this program or is it all straight forward common sense?

Flyingbig said:
Brillant job mate. Really polished and all seems in working order. I'll join the server when my steam is done finishing Source SDK. While i am waiting can you give me any tips to using this program or is it all straight forward common sense?

tip 1: start small
tip 2: don't rush to make it (take your time)

read tutorials if you get lost

these forums here helped me alot, under mapping

Tank

edit: the server is running the newer version of my map...
did you see de_hooverdam screenshots?

Tank if I could give you some advice for this map, graphic wise, it's incredible. But compared to the actual map that is assault, the skybox buildings look a bit.. "futuristic" compared to the assault building itself. Maybe it's just me I dunno, it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way walking around the map inside a beat up building being surrounded by all these corporate office-type buildings.

But aside from the skybox the quality is incredible, and it's clear you put a lot of hard work into this map. It won't go unnoticed! :thumbs:

Great looking map but here´s a really stupid question: Where do I put the .bsp file after it´s been downloaded?

polander said:
Great looking map but here´s a really stupid question: Where do I put the .bsp file after it´s been downloaded?

.bsp and .nav file go into your counterstrikesource/cstrike/maps folder

enjoy!

ShmengeTravel said:
Tank if I could give you some advice for this map, graphic wise, it's incredible. But compared to the actual map that is assault, the skybox buildings look a bit.. "futuristic" compared to the assault building itself. Maybe it's just me I dunno, it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way walking around the map inside a beat up building being surrounded by all these corporate office-type buildings.

But aside from the skybox the quality is incredible, and it's clear you put a lot of hard work into this map. It won't go unnoticed! :thumbs:

the skybox buildings are just buildings and refinery towers...whats so futuristic. i want you to load cs_assault for 1.6 and look at the skybox and tell me whos is better.

thanks

Tank

edit: wait til de_hooverdam

It's quite pretty, looks far more realistic (read: more gritty!) than the original. It looks different but the geometry appears to be fairly true to the original. I'll download it and stop by the server.

Please fix the skywalk bug.

I just played on a server where everyone but one CT was skywalking and the entire T team (my team) was demolished.

PM me if you aren't already aware of where it is.

ShmengeTravel said:
Please fix the skywalk bug.

I just played on a server where everyone but one CT was skywalking and the entire T team (my team) was demolished.

PM me if you aren't already aware of where it is.

say what?

hey how long this been around tank? i remember playing a much better version of assult than the most popular one i've seen to date... this reminds me of it...

Sweet. Nice 1! I will download it now so i can join the server :E

Thanks alot Tank! I´ve just had a quick look at your map and it looks just great. I can´t wait to play it

morire said:
hey how long this been around tank? i remember playing a much better version of assult than the most popular one i've seen to date... this reminds me of it...

its been around for about 2 weeks now, i am posting my final update tonight on the Steam forums and www.djtaso.com (Hand of God server)...look for it

you must be talking about zetas assault (zt_assault)...i love his version but he added some stuff that affected gameplay too much...my map i feel is true to the original.

i am working on de_hooverdam as I type this, it will have its first beta test this week...look for that map as well

ok i have finished with the final update

below are the fixes/changes:

1. shadows no longer show through when in vent or on roof
2. retextured a couple buildings
3. fixed tree model in front to match with ground (hehe!)
4. replaced desk inside the hostage room so people wont get stuck anymore
5. darkened the env_light from 225 to 200
6. fixed some brush alignments on vent
7. backdoor sound has been changed to lower volume
8. atempted to fix ladder @ vent but made it worse (reverted back to original placement)
9. added some roofs to outside housing
10. fixed texture inside at Tspawn on back wall
11. fixed texture on box @ same wall (added another box as well)
12. reconfigured back corner boxes, so now you have to jump from catwalk to be ontop of them instead of just jumping up (2 ez)
13. renamed file to "cs_assault_tank"

this will be my final update to this map so i can beta test de_hooverdam, unless anymore bugs are found of course!

Tank

CS_Assault_Tank

Hey Tank,
I want to add your map to my site with a review. download, and also place it on our server rotation. Before I do this would you consider sending me a text file to include with the download? Visit my site at www.globalassault.com - thanks - I hope to hear from you soon. [email protected]

Since no one has said this as of yet, I will:

"Tanks" a lot! :E

Yeah it's a great map. some of our clan members have been getting FPS problems with it though, but I haven't, so :p.

dekstar said:
Since no one has said this as of yet, I will:

"Tanks" a lot! :E

Yeah it's a great map. some of our clan members have been getting FPS problems with it though, but I haven't, so :p.

haha

i tried to tweak the performance a bit, but it didn't do much for most people...depends on their comp specs. i have a radeon 9800 pro with 1024x768 running aax6 and afx16 and inside of the warehouse i get 30 fps minimum, almost everywhere else i get around 80-130+...tell them to tweak some stuff...

Tank

I just played the new version, and the skywalking bug is still in there.

I PMed you back, but got no reply, so I assume you could give a rats ass wether the map is fair or not. The skywalk bug leaves the Terrorist base completely open where CT's can shoot T's all they want and T's cannot fire back.

If want to know where it is, reply to my PM.

Tank - Mind if I host some of the screenshots and post a news article about the map on my clan site? I'm trying to bring some moreof my members over to CS S instead of Frag Ops. Some nice screen shots would help =P

Frag Ops has no community. My clan is the community for NA. How sad is that? Besides, My clan will continue to play FO.

Who are you Shmenge Travel? In FO anyways?

I usually stick to the name Hulkster but ever since the U2XMP beta (thats right, u*2*xmp) someone else likes to go around as Hulkster and make me look like a total ass. I don't know why he does this but if you ever see me play if we start talking I'll mention hl2net.

On another note yeah it is a shame that the FO community is dead, but it's more of a shame that UT2004's entire mod community is dead. I have a lot of UT2k4 mods installed on my machine and it's hard to find one server with someone playing on it.

Ah well. at least people still play UT2k4. But this is hl2.net so lets talk about the other great game :p

ShmengeTravel said:
I just played the new version, and the skywalking bug is still in there.

I PMed you back, but got no reply, so I assume you could give a rats ass wether the map is fair or not. The skywalk bug leaves the Terrorist base completely open where CT's can shoot T's all they want and T's cannot fire back.

If want to know where it is, reply to my PM.

first off i do care, i have been busy moving houses...you are the only one that has complained about the skywalking, i dont know how it starts or even where! nobody else has let me know and i admin "hand of god" server never seen anybody skywalk...be more specific.!

Tank

Vector said:
Tank - Mind if I host some of the screenshots and post a news article about the map on my clan site? I'm trying to bring some moreof my members over to CS S instead of Frag Ops. Some nice screen shots would help =P

nope, post away to all glory...you can do what you want!

Tank

i personally dont like the textures but im just looking at the screenshots, im sure it'll be great ingame :)

tank said:
first off i do care, i have been busy moving houses...you are the only one that has complained about the skywalking, i dont know how it starts or even where! nobody else has let me know and i admin "hand of god" server never seen anybody skywalk...be more specific.!

Tank

I can't see how I need to be more specific when I described EVERY DETAIL TO YOU IN A PM.

Not only that, I offered to show you where it was and I still haven't received a reply to EITHER of my 2 PM's. And when you say, "Hand of God" do you mean, "House of God - djtaso"? Because I'll look for you on there. My names Hulkster in CS:S so if thats the server keep an eye out for me. What's your ingame name?

Back