Currently not happy with PlayStation 3 / Network

Xendance

Tank
Reaction score
Before I start, there is to be no fanboyism in this thread. I'm just saying how frustrated I am caused by the PSN etc.

After like a day off working out how to get my PS3 connected to my Orange Livebox, I finally did it. So, in order to play GTA IV multiplayer, I had to sign up to the "PlayStation Network" -- that was a bitch. I'm not use to typing out email addresses, passwords, names and all that using an analog stick on the controller. That was a pain, and took me about 5 minutes to do.

Second, I booted up GTA IV and let it load. It's normal for all the GTA IV art to past. I assume thats where its loading since its unskippable. Then comes the black screen saying "LOADING - MISSION NAME" -- it kept on going on, and on, and on. This was clearly not normal. So I turned off my PS3 (is there a way to reset instead of turn off?) and turned it back on again, this time logging out of my newly created PSN account.

Success! The game had loaded. I decided to go into my mobile phone, and select "Multiplayer" from the list. It asked me to sign into the PSN, and so I did. The mobile phone had a few options. I assume they were the game modes for GTA IV multiplayer. However, when trying to select one, I was completely stuck. Niko wasn't able to move, I wasn't able to select the menu by pressing the "PS" button in the middle off the controller - nothing was happening.

I tried again, same thing. This is frustrating. Do you think Rockstar will put a patch up for something like this? I want to have fun on multiplayer, but I guess I'll have to stick to singleplayer for now.

The fastest selling game of all time is having a few network troubles?

Chill, and wait a week.

Aren't you able to hook up a keyboard to the PS3? That would make typing much easier.

Indeed, I tried my USB keyboard on my 360 in a hopeful punt when sending messages on live, and to my surprise it worked perfectly, I've been very impressed with it (only had it 2 days...)

You can sign up for the playstation network on your computer I think, or you can buy a keyboard for the ps3, you don't have to use the analog sticks to type and all that... But yeah, GTA IV causing a few network issues, because so so many people are getting on I would imagine, so far, I've survived any such issues, thankfully :) Tell your ps3 to sign in automatically on startup, thats how mine does, and I haven't had any freezes in GTA yet... and I am using the 60 gb model, the one they say is supposed to be the worst...

good luck!

You can sign up for the playstation network on your computer I think, or you can buy a keyboard for the ps3, you don't have to use the analog sticks to type and all that... But yeah, GTA IV causing a few network issues, because so so many people are getting on I would imagine, so far, I've survived any such issues, thankfully :) Tell your ps3 to sign in automatically on startup, thats how mine does, and I haven't had any freezes in GTA yet... and I am using the 60 gb model, the one they say is supposed to be the worst...

good luck!

I tried looking to see if I could sign up for the PSN on my computer, but it told me: "If you have a PS3, sign up on your console" or something to that effect.

I'll try using a keyboard, but have to find a suitable place for it to sit. Thanks.

I tried looking to see if I could sign up for the PSN on my computer, but it told me: "If you have a PS3, sign up on your console" or something to that effect.

I'll try using a keyboard, but have to find a suitable place for it to sit. Thanks.

I vote lap.

Also, good luck!

Yeah, once you have a PSN ID just have the console sign you in automatically when you start the system. It is a one-time setup that you need only worry about again if you want a EU or Japan account for exclusive demos and games and such.

Man, if you are complaining about the PSN ID sign-up, it is a damn good thing you didn't try to get in the Metal Gear Solid Online Beta. :LOL:

Back