Custom Spawn Weapons?

O

Opettaja

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a map for Counter-Strike Source that is a certain weapon type map (if that makes sense). What I need to happen when people spawn is to spawn with only a knife and a scout (think scouts n knives for old school cs). If anyone one knows how to do this or has any tutorials please post and let me know :)

Thanks in advanced,

--Opettaja

here u go buddy :D

"Hello, you may have been wondering how I made the players spawn with only a knife in knifewarebridge. Well this will show you how to make a map where you spawn with only a deagle so substitute the weapon as needed.

1. Make a 'game_player_equip'.

2. Open up the properties of the 'game_player_equip'.

3. Make sure your not in 'smart edit' mode.

4. Add a new Keyvalue by clicking the 'add' button.

5. For the key box type in the name of the weapon you want (e.g. weapon_deagle).

6. For the value box type in '1'.

7. Press ok, 'compile' the map and have a test.

LIST OF WEAPONS:

weapon_ak47
weapon_aug
weapon_awp
weapon_c4
weapon_deagle
weapon_elite
weapon_famas
weapon_fiveseven
weapon_flashbang
weapon_g3sg1
weapon_galil
weapon_glock
weapon_hegrenade
weapon_knife
weapon_m249
weapon_m3
weapon_m4a1
weapon_mac10
weapon_mp5navy
weapon_p228
weapon_p90
weapon_scout
weapon_sg550
weapon_sg552
weapon_smokegrenade
weapon_ump45
weapon_usp
weapon_xm1014 "

( www.sourcedc.com , thanks to pufuwozu)

BigWalnutZ said:
What about ammo and armor?

No ammo available; armor is item_kevlar and item_assaultsuit, I think. This CS:S FGD has a list of everything you can give in the game_player_equip to make it easier.

different teams

if i want the terrorists to start with ak-47 and counter terrorists to have m4a1 how do i do?

You need to have two different game_player_equips, one for the AK and one for the M4, both with their "Use Only" flag set. Then you'll need each player to fall through a trigger_multiple that fires the appropriate game_player_equip with a Use input.

any way to make a player NOT start with a particular weapon? I want to eliminate the pistol in this map, i made a game_player_equip and entered in a weapon_pistol key with a value of 0, but no luck.

any ideas?

blazertailgunner said:
any way to make a player NOT start with a particular weapon? I want to eliminate the pistol in this map, i made a game_player_equip and entered in a weapon_pistol key with a value of 0, but no luck.

any ideas?

to clarify, i'm speaking of HL2DM ;)

blazertailgunner said:
to clarify, i'm speaking of HL2DM ;)

You'll need to have all the players fall through a trigger_multiple that first fires a player_weaponstrip, then fires a game_player_equip.

Raeven0 said:
You'll need to have all the players fall through a trigger_multiple that first fires a player_weaponstrip, then fires a game_player_equip.

cool the weapon strip worked perfectly. the game_player_equip is giving me woes however, the only options i have to send it from the trigger are:

AddOutput
FireUser1
FireUser4
Kill
Kill Heirarchy

none of these seem to work, eventho i have the entity setup properly, i don't know how to trigger it properly.

any further suggestions?

Back