CW:MP: Ak-102, Ruger MP-9, L-96

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Hiro has made an AK-102 and a L-96 sniper rifle while Elad has made a Ruger MP-9 SMG

AK-102
ak102 1.jpg

ak102 2.jpg

ak102 3.jpg

Ruger MP-9
mp9 1.jpg

mp9 2.jpg

mp9 3.jpg

L-96 (WIP)
l96 1.jpg

I dont like that AK or sniper... But the SMG is sweet :)

Sweet Ruger. There seems to be some shading weirdness on the AK's stock.

No /\ counts?

Could use some work but pretty good. :thumbs:

hmm, yes, not ur best work Hiro, but still good....

on the Ak... the stock shading :x, the bit on the front grip where you've got it extruded, it should be indented instead, handles a bit odd, and the magazine looks very basic...

Can't really see the rifle properly...

but the SMG looks good, although a polie count wud be nice....as it does look as though some of those polies can be moved

Eh, yeah, didn't catch the smoothing error... HIRO!
And I like them all, the Ak and the mp-9 are tied for my faovrite out of thsi bunch.

The L-96 is around 1800 Tris (correct me if i'm worng Hiro)
The Ak-102 is around 1900
the Mp-9 is arund 2200

Also, if you one has some insige on the iron sights on the mp-9, please share, Elda sorta improved with them

Eh, also, i did a prety bad render of the l-96. When i get time i'll make it purdy for Hiro :)

Thanks guys...

Are you all from the CW:MP team?

Anyway - I am really not sure about the sights, soif u have comments here is my ICQ: 163572179

Thanks..

hmmm, not to good. but they are prity good. Just average.

The Ruger is the best of the bunch, but it looks a little over-smoothed and the entire lower area looks too thin. However, I've never seen the weapon before so it may very well be like that. Also, the barrel doesn't need that hole in it. Save your polygons and put them elsewhere.

The AK has a lot of problems. It has a lot of sharp edges and messy geometry, and for 1900 polygons the magazine shouldn't have one row of edges for the bend. It looks more like it should be around a thousand polygons.

I can't see the L96 very well, but it looks pretty good. I'll have to wait for that new render to comment on that one.

IchI, not to be mean/rude/abusive, but i'v enoticed this in almsot everythread you post in. I have never seen you actually like any model posted here (except your own :p ) When you say soemthing is "not to good" or "just average" i'd like to know exactly why you think so, so our modleers cna do thier best to improve it.

Spin: we never a picture other than a profile of it, so we might resize that bottome part jsut a bit, good catch.

I'll have a better render done todat...soemtime.... :D

very nice ak102 u got some stuff i missed and missed some stuff i got.
just to inform all of yall the ak stock is supposed to have that shading but not that much u see towards the end the stock goes from being round to being flat.

Well, here are those l-96 shot i promised.

Yes I know there's not a trigger there yet.

l96 2.jpg

l96 3.jpg

The rifle it self isn't *that* complicated. the msot detialed thing on the rela rifle are bolts along it, which cna be done witha bumpmap and a skin.

exactly, the only thing i went overboard on is the scope since it's the main focus point of a sinper rifle. Other than that it's a really simple gun. synthtic stock and body. not much too it.

Sidewinder, don't take this in a negative way, but for someone who crits everyone elses models (and you do so very professionally and in a good way), I'm not impressed in the least with your own work. I'm no modeller myself, but I know good models. I know you have the talent to create good models, so please, improve these weapons! :cheers:

Whats the pollycount on the L-96 rifle , I really think that you should try and raise it , right know the rifle looks really plain .. Even though the rifle is simple looking in real life .... and the scope looks really strange ....

umm guinny. Sidex doesn't make any of the models. he's a coder amongst other things but not a modeler. as was stated the Ak-102 and L96 were done by me. the renders were done by Sidex. As to that what specifically don't yuo like or do you feel is wrong. apart from the smoothing group error on the AK which is already taken care of? perhaps

Sidex when you see this perhaps Render the other side of the weapon. since that shows the bolt assembly so they can see where the polys are going.

Sorry to dissapoint, but these aren't my models. I have never taken credit for them. :)

Poly Count: 1852

bolt.jpg

Back