CWMP: L85a1 WIP

Reaction score
I redid the front shroud and i still hate it. Any C&C would be appreciated

L85-2.jpg

it's now 1980 polygons. 1200 without the scope so i think i may need ot redo that too.

I think the shroud would look better with another row of edges to make it a little more rounded at the bottom. The shape looks right to me, but being so blocky is throwing it off a little. I would also do something about the handle, it doesn't look very good at all. Here's a quick helper image. Excuse the messy lines, shaky hand today.

handle.jpg

As for the scope, here's a pretty decent picture of the mount:

http://www.icefire-enterprises.com/L85a1.jpg

There probably are different versions, so disreguard that if you purposely modeled it that way.

The rest of the model looks pretty nice to me, except it's a little sharp in some key areas. Good work.

yeahthe scope mount i used is the one found n the maual for the l85a1. there is a much cooler mount for the A2. the handle i'm not incredibly worried about as of yet. though thanks for the idea for the shroud. I'm gonna have to remake it.

prity good, maybe make the handle more round.

holly crap is that suposed to be an SA-80. I have fired the SA-80, it looks nothing like that. Well not really anyway.

ummm, i think some explanation of this weapon is in order. The Sa80 is the production number of the L85 and L86 models both the A1 and the A2. Sa80 is not the name of the gun. And as I said the shroud i'm still tinkering with but the body of that wepon is spot on (not to toot my own horn)

I think the suggested "extra roundness" on the shroud would be good.

I was going to say that the rest of the gun looked awful boxy... then I realized that it's supposed to be.

hey hp is this the same sa80 u showed to me the optimised version of the high poly one ?

It looks ok , but the SUSAT sight doesnt look right ...And the foregrip shuld be more round .

Hiro: Look on the vaccum refernce forums, i have some very hi-res renders of the sa-8 0 there that might help

Back