D.E.A.D. Mega Update

A

Azlan

Another news thread by you with no title, and you have 0 posts! wooo for you :D What did you do.

*Hectic Glenn points at Azlan* HE BROKE IT! it was him!

It seems these guys have a pretty large team (25+), so I can't wait to see what they come up with and how fast it's put out.
*high hopes*

Thx for the comments so far, good feedback is always great to hear, makes our hard work that much more gratifying. Be sure you visit our website/forum to see ALL of our new media ;) And thank you again to the hl2.net staff.

Yea, the tape on that shotgun is an awesome touch, now just make it sway back and forth in game, and you've got me.

The farmhouse with the lone tire swing has an excellent "deserted" feel. It really adds to the feeling of the mod.

Keep it up guys!

thanks for all the feedback guys (and we'll see about making that tape sway for you) ;)

If anyone wants to help spread the word about the media update you can download all the files you need here:>Click here<

Be sure to stop in our forums and post your support, we like to know who's following the progress.

Hopefully they'll find a talented level texture artist to get rid of those HL2 ones! ;)

Argyll said:
Hopefully they'll find a talented level texture artist to get rid of those HL2 ones! ;)

We actually just got one who is already cranking out very professional work, they will be shown in our map shots put to good use next update ;)

Wow, very nice Dj. Looking forward to it. I <3 the bloody rags around that shotgun's barrel.

Very nice job so far guys! Keep up the good work!!

Very impressive update as usual. When I see the D.E.A.D. media update of the month in my mailbox, I have very high expectations of what might come out of the email. I certainly cannot wait for this to come out as each media update brings more excitement to the game.

I can't wait when mods start making their own textures, every map and picture reminds me of HL2. Atleast the interior shots. I'd like to see some variation. I'm not saying this just for D.E.A.D but others too

lol trust me we feel your pain... were motivated to adding as much custom content as we can, we want to totally convert HL2 into D.E.A.D by the time were done, we don't want poeple to feel there playing a skinned version of HL2, we want you guys to feel like your playing a totally different game. If all goes well then thats the experance you'll have =)

Hectic Glenn said:
Another news thread by you with no title, and you have 0 posts! wooo for you :D What did you do.

*Hectic Glenn points at Azlan* HE BROKE IT! it was him!

Ninja skills.

Atomi said:
I can't wait when mods start making their own textures, every map and picture reminds me of HL2. Atleast the interior shots. I'd like to see some variation. I'm not saying this just for D.E.A.D but others too

http://www.dystopia-game.com/

Answer to your prayers. ;)

I'm sure other mods, like D.E.A.D willl look much more unique and totally converted by the time they finish.

And Azlan, you seem pretty detached from the rest of the forums, and looking at all the latest news, you do a great job and no-one seems to appreciate it, so thanks for being a great news poster. :thumbs:

The maps look good and the models look great, I especially like the shotgun. But I couldn't help wonder what that tape would actually be doing on the barrel of the shotgun? Is it holding something together? Or just to make it look badass? Either way I like it :p

It is the tape which holds together the fabric of the universe.

Nice atmosphere you've got going in those shots, make sure the audio is just as convincing. Keep it up guys!

Juggy said:
The maps look good and the models look great, I especially like the shotgun. But I couldn't help wonder what that tape would actually be doing on the barrel of the shotgun? Is it holding something together? Or just to make it look badass? Either way I like it :p

The tape is all Shore's idea (person who made the shotgun and skinned it) and what we are so impressed with about him is not only his obvious talent for modeling, but the creative touches he puts on all of his work. He is in game art design college, and I know whatever company ends up hiring him after he graduates will certainly be lucky to have him.

Been looking very forward to this since i first heard of it, huge fan of games such as resident evil so this looks amazing in my opinion, just don't let me down eh guys ;)

Sgt. Murray we will do our best =)
Were all very happy to hear the positive feedback and its that sort of thing that helps motivate a mod to only do better, thank you guys so much for the support.

DjBourgeoisie said:
The tape is all Shore's idea (person who made the shotgun and skinned it) and what we are so impressed with about him is not only his obvious talent for modeling, but the creative touches he puts on all of his work. He is in game art design college, and I know whatever company ends up hiring him after he graduates will certainly be lucky to have him.

Send him my compliments for his badass factor, it's about damn time someone puts a bit of it into a zombie mod. Is it a Zombie mod? Really haven't been paying attention...

muahaha! Sim, thanks for that, I appreciate it! I am detached for the most part because I lead a double life! Most of my time is spent in the TFC community doing stuff there (well, when I'm online at all) and that's the main reason why. I've been involved in that community for the last six years, so it's the main reason I am not involved more heavily in this one. I do enjoy posting news for you and I hope you all begin to trust that I only post relevant, up to date news. I'm doing the best I can!

Back