D.O.G. The game

House

Reaction score
This is just an idea, but how cool would it be to have a D.O.G. 3rd person game using the Source engine?

Imagine controlling D.O.G. solving puzzles using your strentgh and dexterity. Throwing tanks at combine soldiers. Having alyx equip you with guns and lasers and other cool weapons. Rolling over combine soldiers..Smashing thru walls...man the possibilities are endless.

anyone else want a D.O.G. game?

modders. are you listening? :cheers:

blergh, puzzles...brrr...why not make a mod and call it: DOG fight! HAHAHAHAH and you have to smash each other to pieces! and you can upgrade yourself with lots of weapon but the more the heavier etc. much better then rolling over combine soldiers i guess... :)

House said:
This is just an idea, but how cool would it be to have a D.O.G. 3rd person game using the Source engine?

Imagine controlling D.O.G. solving puzzles using your strentgh and dexterity. Throwing tanks at combine soldiers. Having alyx equip you with guns and lasers and other cool weapons. Rolling over combine soldiers..Smashing thru walls...man the possibilities are endless.

anyone else want a D.O.G. game?

modders. are you listening? :cheers:

Sounds great! I'm not a modder though :(

bump!! we need some modders on this puppy. (no pun intended)

I think a mod with DOG in it would be great, I love DOG, he (she?) is one of my fav charaters. Im hoping he will be around in hl2 addons.

Imagine setting up a huge wall of combine soldiers and running through it at super speed playing as dog!

That'd be pretty cool.

Ritz said:
I think a mod with DOG in it would be great, I love DOG, he (she?) is one of my fav charaters. Im hoping he will be around in hl2 addons.

Is your computer of a certain gender?

Good idea, there should have been more mods with puzzles made for Half-life2. Also, something like D.O.G. would be easy to give nice weapons, as you mentioned.

I would want DOG, but that would make the game WAYYYYY too easy...

I like it. I have previous modding experience with Dark Forces and some with HL1 so I will work on it (maybe, I have a few ideas I am also considering).

Dog is weak. He can be easily killed by a Combine with a stun baton. Try it. Spawn DOG at the beginning in the train station. He runs from the soldiers until he gets cornered and then they beat on him for a minute and he collapses into a big pile of worthless garbage.

Spawn commands:
1. sv_cheats 1
2. npc_create npc_dog

Really though Dog is the coolest but all his AI is scripted for the most part. I was really hoping to have a level where I could command him like a squad mate. I would love a mod that rounded out his AI and let me order him around like Alyx does with some commands.

Back