Day of Defeat Source not working.

Reaction score
NOTE : I'm gonna give as much information as possible because I want my damn game to work.

GAME: So the other day I purchased Day of Defeat Source after the source engine update.

PROBLEM : When I launched the DoDs, it takes me to its loading screen, after 20 seconds it loads, it quickly crashes and the game shuts down. iv'e kept trying, it kept doing the same thing. No error message. Nothing. It just crashed.

SOLUTIONS I'VE DONE : I've tried to verify the files, i reinstalled it more than 6 times, uninstalled other games, Nothing would help it. I have little experience in game files so I don't know if there is something to delete. EDIT : Even updated Video card

MY SYSTEM SPECS : Windows XP SP3, Pentium 4 Inside, 1Gb Ram, ATI RADEON HD 5450

OTHER INFORMATION : I have used a guest pass of Day of Defeat Source before and I had the game worked on the same computer. I also own Garry's Mod and I have full access to all available models. I've sent in a ticket to Steam Support. Currently awaiting response, but I do want answers quick.

Hopefully some of you guys can help me out. Thank you. :thumbs:

I would check to see that you have all the latest drivers. Mobo, video card, etc.

Also, try messing with the video resolution. In launch options, enter in -width 1024 -height 768 or something. I'm unsure if it crashes before, during, or after the video, however you could put in -novid as well to see if that helps to bypass the issue.

I would check to see that you have all the latest drivers. Mobo, video card, etc.

Also, try messing with the video resolution. In launch options, enter in -width 1024 -height 768 or something. I'm unsure if it crashes before, during, or after the video, however you could put in -novid as well to see if that helps to bypass the issue.

Ok, I've done that and it still doesn't work. Thanks for trying to help me though. I appreciate it.

Try starting it in windowed mode?

Also if you have a sound card, update these drivers too.

Try starting it in windowed mode?

Also if you have a sound card, update these drivers too.

Already tried windowed mode and where can I update my sound card?

EDIT : I'm sorry, but I found out how to update my sound card and it didnt work either.

mmmh since the last update alot of people have problems with the source engine :/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

another guy with the same problem: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840134

Thank you. Thank you. This shows me that I'm not alone. But I do hope Valve will fix this ASAP.

EDIT : Ok, new source engine update. I actually don't know if my DoD updated because I didn't see and my DOD STILL DOESN'T WORK. I didn't even see my Tf2 update either. So if no one is getting the update even if its announced, im in better luck. However, if everyone is getting updated and I probably have, im in bad luck.

Back