Deals, deals, deals at Best Buy! ($10 PC games)

Captain M4d

POWER OVERWHELMING
Reaction score
I found this budget section in the PC Game area, and there are some great games for only $10. While many of the games are casual-based, I did find these gems:

Dawn of War (w/ expansion)
Supreme Commander
Titan Quest (w/ expansion)
Full Spectrum Warrior
Age of Empires Collector's Set (all AOE games before 3)
Rise of Nations
Divine Divinity

They all have bare-bones packaging. No manuals; just the DVD and CD-key.

I'm sure there are more, but I just wanted to get the word out!

those aren't deals buddy. walmart/newegg/buy.com all have had those at $10 and steam has had some of those for even less

i got it at christmas time for $10 and everything included
Alright, good for you.

I don't usually buy games at retail stores, but I just happened to be there at the time and figured hey, if other people get into the same situation as me, maybe they'll benefit in knowing about this section, because I sure as hell didn't.

well you got the retail version and mine is just the Digital download. i also got Neverwinter Nights 2 for $9.99 at Target after Xmas and Mirror's Edge hard copy off of random site for $6

well you got the retail version and mine is just the Digital download. i also got Neverwinter Nights 2 for $9.99 at Target after Xmas and Mirror's Edge hard copy off of random site for $6
I stated my purpose. I don't know what else you're trying to prove.

I certainly don't get the opportunity to buy good games at the price of ten dollars every day, so... what's the problem here?

I certainly don't get the opportunity to buy good games at the price of ten dollars every day, so... what's the problem here?
Warped is being a butt. That's what. But now moving on from that... Surprise deals! Fun games! Yay!

I'm not being a butt, I'm just saying you can still get some games elsewhere too for ridiculously cheapo prices. also i'm still pissed my "recent purchases" thread got canned when all these other shit threads come out left and right. we could have had a lot more discussions about where to buy games for cheap and everything else

Warped, stfu. Just because you happened to get games at good deals during a holiday doesn't mean it's not a good deal for those people WHO WANT A PHYSICAL COPY OF THE GAME.

I'd pick up L4D for $10, if that ever happens. I still have about $45 in Best Buy giftcards that I haven't used yet because I have no games/DVD's to buy.

I'd buy Age of Empires if I didn't have it already. Last time I saw it, it was $20 for the set (although that may have included III as well? But III didn't seem that great so who really cares anyways....). It's a shame there's no manual though. You could tell they put a lot of effort into those, especially the AoEI manual with its ridiculous textbook-ish history section.

Target has a great section of stuff for $10. While yeah it only comes in a jewel case, some are really good deals and I finally got to play Rise of Nations a whole lot because of it. A bit surprised at Dawn of War and Supreme Commander, though.

I'd buy Age of Empires if I didn't have it already. Last time I saw it, it was $20 for the set (although that may have included III as well? But III didn't seem that great so who really cares anyways....). It's a shame there's no manual though. You could tell they put a lot of effort into those, especially the AoEI manual with its ridiculous textbook-ish history section.
Both AOEIII and Age of Mythology are great games. Don't bother with buying the expansions for AOEIII individually though, as there's quite little content on one of them.

Back