Debit cards payment?

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
I'm having problems paying with my Debit Card. First off, I bought "The Ship" on release with the same card, all was fine.

It's a Visa Electron, I remember selecting "Visa" as the Credit Card type and I fill all the forms out fine but for some reason it won't let me buy anything with it now? It keeps declining my card? :( Is there any other methods like Paypal or changes they have made to stop Debit cards? Thanks.

I e-mailed Valve technical support, so I guess I'm forced to wait, I looked around for answers and it seems the Address needs to be exact, letter by letter or it won't work.

Maybe because you've used it before they have a record of that card in their system and want you to match the details exactly to previously. I can't think of any other reason, unless you are penny-less? They haven't removed any cards as far as i'm aware...they were looking to add more. :S

I can only think of refering to this page to help you:

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi...WFyY2hfdGV4dD1kZWJpdCBjYXJk&p_li=&p_topview=1

Failed Address Verification

Make sure to enter your address information exactly as it appears on your account summaries (everything - including hyphenation and spacing - must be entered exactly as the customer service representative at your credit card issuer entered it in order to pass our Address Verification System check)

Important Note

Some credit card issuers do not store special characters (i.e. forward slashes, back slashes, and hyphens) in their Address Verification records - for this reason you may need to enter an address which would normally appear as "111-22" with a separating space ("111 22") or without any punctuation ("11122") to pass Address Verification.

Is there a way to see what I put for my address in other STEAM orders or something?

Is there a way to see what I put for my address in other STEAM orders or something?
The page that you can print off when you're done buying the game. I've had it too, BTW. Very odd: I used the card of my mum (she was there too) to pay for a game on the Steam account of my friend (DoD:S), and it said the same thing :| ("This card has been used too many times") I only used it once, when buying DoD:S on my Steam account.

I didn't print it off! :(

My error just says "Credit Card Declined" ... could be cancelled due to your account credit - or something. Which is seriously know is not true.

No reply from Valve yet. Although it is the weekend.

I didn't print it off! :(

My error just says "Credit Card Declined" ... could be cancelled due to your account credit - or something. Which is seriously know is not true.

No reply from Valve yet. Although it is the weekend.
Worst idea ever when buying something over the interweb :|

Maybe you could send them an envelope with some money in it...

Fixed:

Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience or difficulty you may have encountered with your purchase.

I have removed the lock on your card so you may attempt your order again.

Please notify us if you encounter any further issues - by replying to this message you will receive an expedited response from us.

Not a clue why they "locked" my card in the first place? Makes no sense.

Back