decay release date announced!

Reaction score
I swear they announced this if not months, then weeks ago.

And they've probably already started work on the Source version by now.

Edit: It was a month ago.

And they've probably already started work on the Source version by now.
Don't hold your breath. Even if they do embark on it, you won't see it until well after all the old cliches of 'things that take a long time to be released'.

They said somewhere in one of there news feeds they were hoping to do it. Can't remember where, ran across it when I was looking it up last week

They said somewhere in one of there news feeds they were hoping to do it. Can't remember where, ran across it when I was looking it up last week
When they started the mod. In 2004.

It was out on the play station, briefly.

Mmh yeah, but I have no PS2, anymore at least and for many years I haven't. Just a great gaming computer all for myself.

I got the PS2 version a month or too ago... Decay is impossible to play because my flatmates apparently suck at FPS games, and I certainly cannot play them with a joypad.

Wasn't PlayStation 2 supporting USB? Use your keyboard and mouse to beat the game.

I've already beat it in one player on the ps2, I just like the idea of being able to play it with someone online so I dont have to keep switching to control my characters, or babysit one during a fight. I mean, they shoot on their own, but they're kinda shite.

I got the PS2 version a month or too ago... Decay is impossible to play because my flatmates apparently suck at FPS games, and I certainly cannot play them with a joypad.

You can play it single player

Is anyone going to be down to beat decay with me all the way through in one sitting lol ??

Well I work 9 hours a day and still think we could beat it in one day. Don't act like you have anything better to do than play half life... thats just dumb.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
You're right.
Friday nights are good for me.
Add spongwig to your steam friends.

from the decay forums..
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:10 am
uhm eh you should wait more... wait for release date to be announced on main page. And when it will happen (and that will happen really soon) just know that release is *there*, but it won't be on 16th. A bit later.

I just discovered yesterday that I need to make some AI for bot player to shoot enemies when playing offline :/ We are just several days of full-playable beta.

Sorry to break your expectations (again), but please, an additional tiny bit of patience and you'll get what you all want Smile

Cheers

What I say
GRAR.

Season greetings! We are in beta! posted on 11:36 31.12.2007 by
Hoaxer and Rabano
I guess this can be real New Year present to all the real fans of the project - it's happened, we are in beta! :)

Today we have given full version of the game to people who are close friends of the project to hear their reviews and suggestions for final version!

http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/

dy_fubar0001.jpg

I tried out the beta few hours ago. There are some great puzzles.

Too bad there arent any LD models. That was the true HL1 feeling :naughty:

Cant wait to finally try it out!

FYI one of the betatesters leaked the video.

Does it matter? It's great.
Who cares about "leak"? Decay is already out and everyone knows how it looks like.

you have to control each character?? there isnt any A.I. at all??

It's the beta version.

Does it matter? It's great.
Who cares about "leak"? Decay is already out and everyone knows how it looks like.

Well, I don't want someone to blame us for bugs (like the guy above). :p

they were planning on release in november and they are just in beta.....with no a.i. for the other character.....

with no a.i. for the other character.....

My understanding is that the original Decay didn't have AI for the other character, so why would it be in this version? Decay isn't really meant for single player gaming anyway.

My understanding is that the original Decay didn't have AI for the other character, so why would it be in this version? Decay isn't really meant for single player gaming anyway.

true, but still it kind of ruins the experience if you have to switch characters and move up. i mean they might as well just use one character.

edit: or at least make it so the other character just follows you.

I don't think it ruins the "authentic Decay experience" if it keeps it exactly the way it was before.

It shouldn't be too hard to rig up some AI, though nodes might be a bit of a bitch by my understanding.

Wow, I had totally forgotton about this mod.

Not out yet on the PC?

true, but still it kind of ruins the experience if you have to switch characters and move up. i mean they might as well just use one character.

edit: or at least make it so the other character just follows you.
That wouldn't work. The game has many sections that send the two players off in different directions to accomplish different goals.

The bottom line is that this is a co-op game. If you can't find a second player to play with you, the fact that there is no AI in the game is the least of your troubles.

Back