defective merchandise?

W

wms827

i purchased hl2, i cannot play it without logging on. i cannot log on. i will return this as defective merchandise. ie: a product that does not work. if this happens enough, steam will fix thus problem.

Hold on to your butt - some other rookie had the same problem. Apparently the Valve servers are down (can anyone verify this?) and validating your new game isn't working. Funny that he exchanged his software too.

...unless you've already validated it and are having trouble playing in offline mode, which is a different issue.

there is no way to play hl2 without logging into steam the software wasnt defective create a steam account that will solve your problem

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Internet Connection

Go figure... nothing is defective, you just didn't read the minimum requirements properly.

www.steampowered.com = Valves steam website, got a problem with their products go look there for support. However as Chris_D pointed out HL² clearly states that the game requires an internet connection.

"create a Steam account that will solve your problem"?? That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard of! STEAM is the problem right there!

I don't care if all of you already know my opinion of this P.O.S., I'll state it again for the record!

Foebane said:
"create a Steam account that will solve your problem"?? That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard of! STEAM is the problem right there!

I don't care if all of you already know my opinion of this P.O.S., I'll state it again for the record!
Oh, be quiet.

So you are telling us that the game dosen't work and you will be returning it.

Why are you telling us this?

tr0llz0r!

.. hang on... that sounds like a good villian name.

"behold i am Trollz0r!!! muwhahaha watch as i go about your friendly forums being an ignorant prick posting up useless argumentative posts!!!!!1"

I think he might be talking about the game of the year edition, the EA version? People on steampowered say they can't register cd keys on steam.

Hence defective merchandise :)

I LIKE TO MOVE IT,MOVE IT.....I LIKE TO MOVIT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

btw you sound like a robot

Robot voice:OMG this is broke I shall take it back to Ghetto Mart,roger roger

The release date is tommorow, just like the last release date stores started selling the game early and steam hasnt unlocked that batch of cd keys.

You need to wait till tommorow to create an account and complain to your retailer for selling something that wasnt meant to go on sale till tommorow.

Foebane said:

Newsflash:
Hating steam stopped being the "cool" thing to do about 6 months ago.

Back