Deoxygen Game_sdk.sln Documentation

omlette said:
May or may not be accurate, complete, etc., but here's the deoxygen interpretation of game_sdk.sln. Let me know if this is in any way helpful to you. :cheers:

EDIT: I'm not sure if this did game_sdk, game_everything, or just what exactly it processed. However, this is pretty much all I can seem to get it to debug, so I guess whatever small information it has is all we have until Valve or someone else decides to be awesome and document it a lot better

http://www.omlette.net/hl2/deoxygen/html/

I got doxygen to document all the code in the SDK, the resulting amount of HTML is huge (~400mb) so I won't upload it to my site. If you want to generate it yourself the config files I used are

HL2 Client Doxy config

HL2 Server Doxy config

You'll have to change the paths in the file to get it to work. I didn't put much thought into creating these config files so there's likely to be overlap between the client and server documentation files, it probably would've been better just to use a single config generating docs for both the client and server code.

Oh and if you do use the above configs to generate some docs bewarned that it may take some time and require a fair amount of memory.

azz0r said:
What the hell is this about?

doxygen is a tool that generates documentation for code automatically. It can output very nice, easily browsable documentation in pretty much any format you can imagine, including HTML. It's very useful for large projects.

I'd highly recomend using doxygen to generate docs for the HL2 SDK. You can then browse the source code as html files with all variable names, class names, function names etc linked to their definitions it's very nice and makes reading through the source a whole lot easier.

also ignore me calling it 'deoxygen', i don't know what i was thinking :p

doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen

Back