Did Alyx really die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of those rumors that just won't die until we play the game.

BUT...here:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46956

PC Games:
Do you see enough creative clearance for more games in the HL-Universe?

GabeN:
We try to create a framework for interesting storylines. I think there is still a lot that can be done after HL2. For example two of my favourite characters are Alyx and Dog (the robot).
I’d love to have a little time to create something new with both of them. Other team members have other favourites.

This tends to make me think it's not true..sounds like Gabe has plans for the future with Alyx and DOG.

*or if true there is something else going to happen in HL3 to bring her back perhaps?*

yes it also says gman is gordon from the future, the article is a piss take and he included the 2 biggest false spoilers going.

Someone said:

BUT...here:

PC Games:

GabeN:
We try to create a framework for interesting storylines. I think there is still a lot that can be done after HL2. For example two of my favourite characters are Alyx and Dog (the robot).
I’d love to have a little time to create something new with both of them. Other team members have other favourites.

This tends to make me think it's not true..sounds like Gabe has plans for the future with Alyx and DOG.

*or if true there is something else going to happen in HL3 to bring her back perhaps?*

Thanks, good post. After reading the Something Aweful review, I found it pretty clear (to me at least) that the whole thing was a joke. Your quote from Gabe is a good one.
:cheers:

Yeah although I think any Alyx expansion would be a prequel. I do hope so.
I hope she doesn't die either, but oh well.

She will die.... when i throw grenades and heavy objects at her she will :D

Something Awful was a joke, but it was not the only place to echo this rumor. You're asking to confirm the most prevalent possible spoiler. I dont think this is a good idea. I have a rather solid opinion on the matter, but I think most would rather find out by playing.
UKchaos2 said:
She will die.... when i throw grenades and heavy objects at her she will :D
LoL.:LOL: The spoiler is out!

If I say what really happens it will also be a spoiler.

no, she doesn't

Gordon's Beard said:
According to Something Awful, Alyx dies. Is this true? Say it aint so! ;( ;( ;( ;(

Did this guy really get the release candidate? I thought you would have to have excellent a grasp of english to become a journalist.

Either that, or he hasn't grasp the idea of cut'n'paste (that is cut from Word and paste into what ever HTML writing tool you are using)

1. great thread title.... might as well just run into the 1st screening of some horror film and shout out who the killer is....

2. Something awful is a crock of sh*t, they give every good game a crap review and then bitch about everything...

Eg.. they gave GTA san andreas a bad review when every other freakin review ive read has stated its the best ps2 game ever and a contender for game of the year...

Someone said:

BUT...here:

PC Games:

GabeN:

If he said that, i think its official, Alyx will not die! :cheers:

Alyx won't die, don't worry. And Gordon is not G-man.

Just something my g0t made up to piss people like you off..

SA was a joke, geez

my g0t has nothing to do with something awful, atleast from what i know

EDIT: They censor My g0t?

that guy kept calling the combine the COLUMBINE ... god ... moron ...

That review is fake, I think someone confirmed that it was fake on the other forums.

One should never mistake Somethingawful for being serious. :)

Hive said:
If he said that, i think its official, Alyx will not die! :cheers:
One word: Prequel. Sorry mate, its far from official.

Dougy said:
2. Something awful is a crock of sh*t, they give every good game a crap review and then bitch about everything...

You lie. KOTOR and Deus Ex both got favorable reviews.

Eg.. they gave GTA san andreas a bad review when every other freakin review ive read has stated its the best ps2 game ever and a contender for game of the year...

I would think that the contradictions, the horrible innacuracies, the generally ludicrous nature of the review, and the fact that it's on Something Awful would be proof enough that the review was a big fat joke.

OK, let's try this again...for those who STILL don't get it...

Something Awful is a joke site. Their reviews are fakes, and are only there to be funny and possibly piss some people off.

KagePrototype said:
OK, let's try this again...for those who STILL don't get it...

Something Awful is a joke site. Their reviews are fakes, and are only there to be funny and possibly piss some people off.

You could write this with stars from the sky on a clear night and half of these bozos here still would not get it.

I dont know maybe there should be some type of "test" before you are allowed to use the internet.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back