did anyone actually laugh...

A

askboz.com

when alyx referred to the headcrab on the combine as a "zombine"

i think i did, but i also think i was playing drunk

I did smile, I wasn't laughing my arse off, though ;)
I found it funny the way Alyx told it and her reaction to Gordon not laughing :p

I smiled in the way you'd smile if someone told that in real life.

shook my head......it was tacky...but whatever

Maybe a little smile. I thought her sound imitating a zombie was way more
entertaining.

That was one of the things I wish they hadn't done. They should give her more dignity. It felt like they were trying too hard to incorporate 'funny' moments in the game...

That was one of the things I wish they hadn't done. They should give her more dignity. It felt like they were trying too hard to incorporate 'funny' moments in the game...

It wasn't meant to be funny, people with that sort of sense of humour just say something for the hell of it, even though they know it wont be funny, man i dont think they are THAT bad at jokes lol

I liked it. It was a very human thing to do. Sometimes people just make really awful jokes. And it was pretty appropriate in the situation, when you're in a situation that's that awful, sometimes you just have to try and laugh.

id bite my nails, Stroke & rub thy Gravity gun to make her more embarrassed :p

I was actually thinking "Hey, this would be a Zombine!" before she told the joke. So when she said it, I thought great minds think alike.

I heard crickets when she said it.

Also when she said that, I kept yelling at my monitor to STFU!!!! Then I ran around like an suicidal asshole & kept banging my face against the wall till I was bloody in the face.

It was funny....but, her being scared at the stalkers was also funny

Dont know about you, but if I saw this right up in my face screamin like mad in the middle of the night after fighting crazy ass suicidal combine soldiers....
stalkerjz2.jpg

I know Id be freakin out...

... your kidding me... You wouldn't be that scared if that thing was pinned on top of you, and you were stuck, and it's screaming in front of your face? Then at the same time you know that used to be a person with a life, and family, but now it wants to kill you... I'd be scarred shitless... my pants would be brown :D:LOL:

I heard crickets when she said it.

Also when she said that, I kept yelling at my monitor to STFU!!!! Then I ran around like an suicidal asshole & kept banging my face against the wall till I was bloody in the face.

she didnt make me laugh but u did

it was pretty lame.... but i think it was more to present a name for the new character and show some human emotion in her ( which the obiously did constintly through out the game ) so as not to be just another npc tagging along... I'm currently playing through the game with the commentary and its really presenting things to me that didnt quite accure to me before... i wish Valve would do some kind of update for HL2 with commontary... its really cool to hear about the stuff and when they talk about trying to give alxy human trait, emotion, and actions so as not to look like a bot simply fireing a gun away, thats when it hit me... thats all she REALLY is... they did such a good job convinceing me shes real i for got its just a game....

... your kidding me... You wouldn't be that scared if that thing was pinned on top of you, and you were stuck, and it's screaming in front of your face? Then at the same time you know that used to be a person with a life, and family, but now it wants to kill you... I'd be scarred shitless... my pants would be brown :D:LOL:

Gordon seemed to handle the situation well, just launched the thing back at the wall lmao!

I was'nt scared of that Stalker because its just a game, but I was scared of the Garg because its Massive, Giagantic, Monsterious & has flame throwers that will cook you... Plus its heavy foot steps are intimidating.

garg.jpg

I was'nt scared of that Stalker because its just a game, but I was scared of the Garg because its Massive, Giagantic, Monsterious & has flame throwers that will cook you... Plus its heavy foot steps are intimidating.

garg.jpg

Why on Earth don't you have High-Def on? Unless it's HL Source in which case your forgiven. (alhtough a high-def, ragdoless pack is avalible)...

BTW I find Stalkers funny.

Why on Earth don't you have High-Def on? Unless it's HL Source in which case your forgiven. (alhtough a high-def, ragdoless pack is avalible)...

BTW I find Stalkers funny.

lol so do i hehe

The poison headcrabs are well funny too, they sound like mad cats rofl

Pronounced a loud "HAH!" and said "They really put it in :D"

Will Valve actually employ the models in Black Mesa Source? I can see the Gargantua is quite cool, even thought the white colour sucks.

Will Valve actually employ the models in Black Mesa Source? I can see the Gargantua is quite cool, even thought the white colour sucks.

:rolleyes: no they wont because it ain't made by Valve, Valve makes their own models. BM:S is a Community project.

It's white because it isn't skinned properly yet, or at least when that was shown.

When she said "Zombine! Get it??" I shouted "oh SHUT UP!" at the monitor. Man I wish that worked.

Back