Did HL ever get on DreamCast?

skipper

Reaction score
As im not a SagaDreamCast fan but i was looking frew my games just now and came across called "GunMan Chronicals" which is powered by the HL1 engine, but on the back cother of the CD is says

"It was a legend on the PC and it will be a legend on Dreamcast One of the finest experiences that gameing has to offer"

and its got a pic of the HL logo and the name HALE-LIFE so did it make it on to DreamCast?

that if its meaning the consol that is lol :dozey:

Blue Shift was the Dreamcast version of HL. It was cancelled, and released on PC instead.

It was done, but got cancelled at the last minute because Dreamcast was failing. Blue-Shift was originally exclusive to the dreamcast version.

yeah played the ps2 version but i suck because i can not use Joypads for fps games they just suck

i have a 6 foot tall promo poster of half life for dreamcast, sell it to anyone for a thousand bucks.

You could use a keyboard/mouse combo for the PS2 version, but it still had OK controls on the gamepad.

Wraith said:
i have a 6 foot tall promo poster of half life for dreamcast, sell it to anyone for a thousand bucks.
I'll give you a dollar for it. oh, and shipping is on me! (as a token of gratitude for this generous gesture)

I remember reading some console mag and seeing Blueshift.

DAMN! I thought... I'm not shelling out for a dream cast to play blueshift.
[alanpartridge=1]needless to say, I had the last laugh[/alanpartridge]

It is available for the dreamcast. I don't think it was ever actually "officially" released. But you can get it from certain p2p sources.
Never really got in to first person games on consoles, the mouse is definitely the way to go with those.
Look out also for F355 chalenge, one of the best racing sims out there IMHO

there was a press copy of HL Dc which came out about 5 weeks before vivendi annouced it was canned but i got a version that runs quite nicely :)

Knobby said:
there was a press copy of HL Dc which came out about 5 weeks before vivendi annouced it was canned but i got a version that runs quite nicely :)
This is weird...why would they can a game when its basically ready to ship?
Wouldnt just releasing it cut their losses a bit?

I olmot baught the dream cast for Half life.
Blue shift was kind of a bonus, that's why it was so short.

you can download halflife for the dreamcast and use it on your dreamcast if you want.

well you can but its not legal.

your call.

I have played halflife dreamcast*emergency edit*.

It looks good(high def pack), but it has to load about every 45 seconds.

I could've sworn I saw the DC version ON SHELVES for a little while before it was canned.... however i think it was just a single player version.

Wasn't there some controversy over the lack of online multiplayer or something at the time?

Back