Didn't Valve say they were writing a modding book?

john121

Reaction score
I had heard, and gotten an e-mail from, someone at Valve saying they were creating a modding book for Hammer Source (or Hammer 4) Anyone have any updated news on that?

Yes, but i think it got cancled or something.. i saw it on amazon a couple days ago, but there was no info, on it, no price no description...

-NSF

damn... i think the HL2 modding community would eat it up like a kid in a free candy store... or more like a college kid in an intergalactic keggar on Earth...

Lmao

Yeah I pretty much have no trust in what Valve says. I thought they were going to be all into the community modding...uh oh yeah, they dont keep there promises. oh well....

Valve is one of the wrost gaming company in the world.
Most people in China can't seem to log on Steam and they havn't done shit about it. Yes I am sure, there are hundreds of Chinese threads asking how to fix the problem.

Isn't there some massive "anti-rest-of-the-internet" thing going on in China ?
Not much Valve can do if the Chinese government is blocking it...

I'm not sure the above is fact, but it sounds like something I've heard before...

Sieg said:
Most people in China can't seem to log on Steam and they havn't done shit about it. Yes I am sure, there are hundreds of Chinese threads asking how to fix the problem.

I've never used these four letters before in internet conversion, but.... stfu.

jondyfun said:
I've never used these four letters before in internet conversion, but.... stfu.
amen, valve actually pwns. :O :thumbs:

The mod-maker's guide was canceled. It probably wouldn't have been great anyway.

I know there was going to be some coverage of MODs in Raising the Bar but they dropped that and it was published on Gamespy or some site instead. Was that what you were refering to?

yeah i heard that if you bought the special edition pack the most expenisve one then you got a modding book but that never happened now all you get for an extra 40 bux or however much is a tshirt a hat and day of defeat game which seems like it will never come out untill half life 3 is out and then wont work on the new steam and only people who at that time have really old pentium 4 etc computers rather then the current pentium 12 etc can actualy play. i havent slept for 3 days.

Sieg said:

Thats because China has this thing called the great firewall of china, blocks millions of websites and programs, I believe steam is one of them. Valve is actually a very good gaming company, but you seem like don't know anything rofl fyad gtfo.

Yakuza said:
Yeah I pretty much have no trust in what Valve says. I thought they were going to be all into the community modding...uh oh yeah, they dont keep there promises. oh well....

hahaha fyad gtfo

Fluffy Kitten said:
Isn't there some massive "anti-rest-of-the-internet" thing going on in China ?
Not much Valve can do if the Chinese government is blocking it...

I'm not sure the above is fact, but it sounds like something I've heard before...
I guess that game that talks about a repressive state that gets owned by a few rebels would get instantly banned in a country like China. So, no Half-Lifey 2 for them I guess.

The Government censors some stuff here (playboy.com, prophetofdoom.net etc), but not steam thankfully. See attachment.

Attachments

• play.JPG
    play.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 237
Back