Disabling steam on start up

mikey388

Reaction score
Hi just loaded hl2 and find that whenever I turn my pc on steam starts up and tries to connect to the net.
Is it possible to configure it so that it doesnt load on start up and then just start it manually before I start playing
Thanks
Mike

Setting-Interface-uncheck run Steam when windows starts.

also, start, run, type msconfig, click the startup tab, and ucheck all items in there click apply/ok, reboot ur PC

My way is better. It's done properly instead of having to do all that crap just to make Steam not load at startup.

yes but all of that crap, is much better qas u know what kind of programs you have upon startup. You way is ok, but my way shows the user what else he/she has up on startup and gives he/she the opportunity whether they want that program on start-up or not.

Thanks guys I must be blind or maybe its too much xmas booze

One more thing I didnt get a manual with the game only a quick reference guide is that right

mikey388 said:
Thanks guys I must be blind or maybe its too much xmas booze

One more thing I didnt get a manual with the game only a quick reference guide is that right
Yeah there's no actual manual, but you should be fine, most help is given in game as little reminders.

Thanks again for such a quick response,just wanted to know whether I needed to go back to the shop to ask for one.
Must say it was a pleasant surprise to find counterstrike included

Merry christmas
and thanks again
Mike

No Im not in any clan at all
I usually play a game then feel yes im good at this,then go on line and get my ass whipped :E

Back