Disappearing dialogue, muted messages :O

Lawnmower233

Reaction score
Hello,
Im new to this forum and havent posted anything yet although ive read quite a few theories on the vaguer side of HL and the unanswered questions.
One thing that i havent seen or heard in the HL games (oP4, BS, HL1, Hl2) is these references to what Nilanth says. People keep quoting his phrases but i dont remember hearing him say these things in Hl1, at the end. Things like "you are man, he is not...." blah blah.
Sorry if this seems stupid but when and where did this dialogue come from?

Maybe my Hl1 was broken and i didnt hear these things.
Hope someone replies. Thanks in advance if you do.

Lawnmower233 said:
One thing that i havent seen or heard in the HL games (oP4, BS, HL1, Hl2) is these references to what Nilanth says. People keep quoting his phrases but i dont remember hearing him say these things in Hl1, at the end. Things like "you are man, he is not...." blah blah.
Sorry if this seems stupid but when and where did this dialogue come from?
People have kind of studied them outside of the game... You hear his words in Xen, it's this kind of droning voice as you enter and exit each level. I could see how you wouldn't even recognise it as a voice... TBH, i always thought that at the beginning of "Interloper" he said "I am the nads! I AM the NADS!" :D

ahah... nads.

Anyways, yeah. I was always wondering where the hell they got those phrases from. Now i know. I know the whole philosophy if you will, behind half life is the aspect of seamless sequences just like reality which create realism (no cut-scenes etc.) So isnt studying the models and textures and sound files outside the game kinda cheating. If valve and the writers really wanted you to know somethign they should have made it more clear. Im not offending the people that cheat, im getting at valve. They should have put that forward. At least me and other youngsters would have had a chance of deciphering what the hell was going on. Although it helps to keep the mind active by speculation, which i like. Makes the game more mysterious and deeper than being spoonfed story like a retarded kid in nursery.

the Nihilanth is extremely hard to understand. I had to listen to the sounds files over and over again to understand it.

Blakeb155 said:
the Nihilanth is extremely hard to understand. I had to listen to the sounds files over and over again to understand it.
Not that difficult to understand at all. I got it straight away, even in-game. :p

“Alone - aren’t you alone - aren’t you alone?”
“Comes another.”
“Deceive you - will deceive you.”
“Die - you all die - you all die.”
“Done - what have you done?”
“Freeman!!!!!”
“The last - you are the last - you are.”
“You are man. He is not man. For you he waits - for you.”
“Now - die now - die now!”
“Their slaves - we are their slaves - we are.”
“The last - I am the last.”
“The truth - you can never know the truth.”