Do you want to see more of HL2 before its released?

Do you want to see more of HL2 before its released?

• Yeah, damn rite - show me more, more, more!!

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • Na, leave it alone - we have seen too much already!

Votes: 71 69.6%

• Total voters

obiwanquinobi

Reaction score
Saw a similar pole up at half life fallout and thought I would post one here:

I personally think showing us more of the game is going to spoil its wow factor. Valve shouldnt show us any more footage from the game (They already shown us too much) And given that the game is more than likely done and will be on shelves soon(ish) there is bound to be a deluge of media released to promote it... do you REALLY want to see more of it before its released??

Vote & discuss people:

If it's not plot revealing or time consuming for any valve personell to take, then hell yeah.

If i was Gabe ( thank god im not ), i would not give any new media stuff like screenshots movies etc. We have enough of that.

I would give only 1 more last news update. Saying something like "Progress is going great, our next news update will be within 6 weeks, and it will be the update we all have been waiting for..."

Then no more news, nothing. And suddenly, you will hear HL2 is released. Of course you have retailers who release the game earlier etc etc etc....

Not me. I think we get the idea what's going on, and how it will look, sound, and play.

It's kinda like certain movie trailers: they may not ruin the movie (although some do), but sometimes less is more.

Although I think it would be kinda cool to, say, have Greg (or anyone from Valve) come on and say, "We have this cool new screen shot for you guys!" And after a few pages of rants about posting it...he posts a screen shot simply saying, "Gold." That might be kinda fun and out of the blue.

I'd be happy with the E3 2004 bink videos. Oh and a benchmark thingy.

I'd like to see the rest of E3 2004 bink videos.

I've already seen G-Man intro sequence on bink.

GPRT said:
I'd be happy with the E3 2004 bink videos. Oh and a benchmark thingy.

Yeah, A level (thats not in the actual game) would be good for benchmarking purposes as theres still a lot of poor souls worrying if it will run on their machines or not!!

I've already seen too much, the stuff I've seen while cool is seriously going to affect the wow factor I may have when I find something cool. Of course they won't and shouldn't be showing all the cool bits but I would have liked to have found out as I played along just about everything. It's hard to resist new media though.

obiwanquinobi said:
Yeah, A level (thats not in the actual game) would be good for benchmarking purposes as theres still a lot of poor souls worrying if it will run on their machines or not!!

I would like that...just nothing from the game itself.

I'd like to see the E3 2004 Binks, or maybe some clearer shots of things we already know (like the one Greg Coomer posted) but anything else would be too much for me.

i think we have seen enough of the game...its time to actually do whatever is neccessary to get the game out the door so to speak.
seriously.. i can live a month or two without any media.. the trade-off being the game releases ASAP.

Dead-Inside said:
I highly doubt it was a "POLE" you saw, but if you say so.

Next time you correct someone on their spellings - do it in a dignified manner please!

I stand corrected!

No! No more! I beg, no more... The glorious intro has already been revealed.

Yeah, I just want a final trailer of the final HL2 build. Just like DOOM3 final trailer.

I can hold out until the game comes out... I just want it so bad though!!!

-merc

id just like them to release the e3 2003 tech demo as a playable demo over steam

I just want to hear from valve that the game WILL be released in september for sure. Screw more media if they say this.

I just want more info on an anticipated release date (besides the rumor and speculation we currently have). And maybe a benchmark or two.

Weren't the Bink's supposed to come out during the summer? So far we only have the CS:S bink. I want to see HL2, not CS:S.

NO! No more videos! It's just generating more and more hype, which can destroy your impressions of the game, just like it does with movies.

Screenshots are fine though.

Is it me? Or I want the girl that "Kingthebadger" has an avatar more than half life 2. :bounce:

nope, release the ****ing game already valve, seriously.. damn.

whenever we get media, all it means is that HL2 is far far away from release.
we dont want new screenshots and movies, release the effin game already for crap-sakes.

Head_Crab_04 said:
Is it me? Or I want the girl that "Kingthebadger" has an avatar more than half life 2. :bounce:

You are not alone there...I have to tell you that :bounce:

I need a release date and benchmarks. No more screens and interviews for me, thanks.

I would not like to see anything new from valve, if they do infact release it when they've been hinting.

I do think that they are waiting until HL2 goes gold before they release the 2004 E3 bink vids.

I don't want to see anything else, Imagine if they diden't have shown the striders and when playing you saw them, that would be a big WHOA !

Yeah, I'm just really hoping that they have left some big "WHOA"s in the game that we haven't seen yet.

No. No matter how good a game is, overhype can definitely cause disapointment. Just look at Doom 3. I liked the game a lot, but there's definitely a ton of people that were left expecting more or something else altogether because of all the hype surrounding it.

All in all, I think it's better to know little about a game and be extremely happy with what they give you in the end, rather than try and know every detail before release and just end up disapointed when it doesn't meet our every expectation.

I think we have enough screens and videos right now, HL 2 definitely didn't loose its "wow factor" over me because I know it's going to be packed with stuff we never seen before.

No more! I want just about everything to be new. Well... its too late for that, but I don't want any more features/characters/weapons/physics/plot (yeah right) given away.. Its the same thing as going see a movie that you know has a twist ending. You don't know the twist ending but you know that it has one, so throughout the movie your trying to spot clues and such and don't enjoy the movie.

Back