DoD:S 2005-09-26 => preload next week

liPillON

Reaction score
Day of Defeat®: Source™ (DoD: Source), the latest version of the WWII online action game from Valve®, will be made available to gamers everywhere on September 26.

Available via Steam for just $19.95

DoD: Source will be available for pre-load and pre-order next week. Those who purchased the Half-Life 2 Silver or Gold Steam offers will receive a request to pre-load the game at this time and will receive access to play the moment the game is made available.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=441

I Was Just Going To Post This Wow Lol.

Gather the troops! We launch the 26th!

Posted already in the appropriate section, but still awesome news.

Lahire149 said:
delay delay delay...do i hear november anyone?
Valve doesn't get delays anymore. They learned their lesson. They only announce dates when they are sure.

how do i know i have the gold or silver packages.
i bought the uk DVD retail version, any idea's?
SL1.

if u bought the retail, then u dont have the gold, cuz the gold was purchased on steam

woot woot let me get a toot toot ima give you that beep beep

oh wait a minute I have to pay 20 bucks for it just because I bought HL2 in the store? oh....:(

i believe so, which makes sense cuz you paid for hl2 thats it. during the ordering on steam it was clear that u would get dod source included in certain bundles. and on the retail box, it doesnt say includes dod source i believe.

So doesnt this mean that LC will be on my pc before DOD source cuz DOD source has HDR effects in it, so wouldnt they release the level that is suppose to debut valves HDR technology?

There was a email from Doug Lombardi (im new sorry spelling) saying DOD:S was gonna be released first. Don't quote me on that though.

Click-Click-Boom said:
There was a email from Doug Lombardi (im new sorry spelling) saying DOD:S was gonna be released first. Don't quote me on that though.
our lead editor confirmed it

Can you get a new steam account from the retail version of Counter Strike Source, which DOD source will be packed with it as well?

Combine Hybrid said:
Can you get a new steam account from the retail version of Counter Strike Source, which DOD source will be packed with it as well?

I think you could...but why? Why not just use your current account(assuming that you're asking if you can create a second account with just css/dods on it)???

Let's say I was letting my friend to borrow my account to play HL2, but he did something to cause my account to be banned.

destrukt said:
so, when are they going to let me buy it ?

As soon as you perform the blood sacrifice to all things VALVe. :)

They'll probably allow you to buy them this week while pre-loading is going maybe?

well, if they don't do it soon, i won't want to buy it :x

I don't believe this - i payed for the Collectors edition, assuming it was t3h gold package, and it's not.

Damn you collectors edition! Stop being not gold!

(please tell me it is gold)

Back