DOD:S and LCD Flat Panel Monitor Problems ?

S

Sashq

Hi,
first i have to say sorry for my bad english.

I have a new LCD Flat Panel Monitor and Problems with DOD:Source. In dark Map Parts like in avalanche the walls looks very ugly. I made a picture with mit digi cam to show you what i mean.
Just look on the picture on this thread:
http://www.prad.de/board/thread.php?threadid=22531&hilight=day+of+defeat

With my old crt monitor i didn`t had these Problems and everythin looked normal. Other Games looks fine with the LCD.

So whats wrong ? I have a ATI 9800 PRO mit 5.11 driver.

Thanx for your help.

Greetings Sashq.

I am sure you would get better answers if you told us about how large it is, the ms, and all those specs about your monitor also.

19" Fujitsu Siemens p19-2, mva panel with overdrive technology

It is an actual award winner in europe.

Did you get the drivers for the monitor itself? Also check out www.microsoft.com and look for LCD or something of that sort, it's a LCD monitor correction program.

One interesting thing:

When i activate HDR everything looks fine now, but without HDR i have the Problems like on the picture. Mmmmm thats strange....!

My 9800 PRO is too slow to run with HDR so LEAVE the Option ON is not the solution to this problem.

Hm, that is very strange. Have you tried putting your display on 32 bit or if you're on 32 did you try 16?

Wow that is really odd never seen something like that before. Can it still be seen if you increase Gamma or Brightness, or even texture quality?

And your english is very good :)

In windows is have 32 bit, but how can i control that DOD:S runs in 32 bit too ?

Maybe is make a clean install of my windows and steam and hope it helps... :x

Yes, try changing texture qualities. From what I understand DOD:S runs on whatever bit you have, so try changing your computer to 16 and see if that does you good.

My 19 inch works as well as my CRT, but I am still puzzled as to what the problem is. Do you get it in other games also?

I have no idea, maybe something wrong with your shaders... but I have a 9800 pro and I do not recall ever having that probelem, sorry.

hmm..very odd. I've never seen that in DOD:S before. Maybe you should try a different ATI driver.

Its a shitty TFT.
if your going to get a TFT then get a good one cause 80% of them are pure rubbish, basically all the ones in highstreet shops.

Back