DoD:Source doesnt look as exciting

wako

Reaction score
To be frank, that one image did not impress me at all. None what so ever. It just looks like a direct port to me. I know Im basing it off of one image, however when I saw the first image of CS:S I creamed my pants. DoD:S.. well it just looked dissappointing...

wako said:
To be frank, that one image did not impress me at all. None what so ever. It just looks like a direct port to me. I know Im basing it off of one image, however when I saw the first image of CS:S I creamed my pants. DoD:S.. well it just looked dissappointing...

I agree. However I work professionally with graphics and this is apparently a file that was part of a powerpoint presentation. So it is not a real screenshot and has been edited. If it REALLY looks like that I too will be disappointed. I can't imagine the maps not looking as nice as they do in CS Source. I downloaded it and it is impressive indeed. I think the movement is a little to fast on CS so that after I play for about 30 mins I get motion sick. I am a DOD fan so I can't wait for it to come out on source. I am just fearful that there will be a long delay after Half life is released. I sure hope not.

To be honest. I'd live with a delay if it meant it looked as good as the port of CS.

Alas, from everything I've read officially from the team, it doesn't sound like they will put out an intial release as good as CS.

--Mr. Bildo

Direct port just like Half-Life: Source, not like Counter-Strike: Source, whihc is very disapointing...

I've said it before I'll say it again
First release/ few releases= Direct port, with source features added (ragdoll, water, lighting, etc.)
Later releases=more like CSS, amybe even with some new stuff

Or so I've heard

why do valve think that people love to play the SAME DAMN GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN???
they improved hl1 beyond sight, why cant they do that for cs or dod, or gee, maybe an original multiplay?

5+ years of cs really grinds it down to boredom. i just hope there's some kind of multiplayer mods out quick smart for hl2. cheap and nasty is how i like it.

Because valve didn't make many of these mods?

If you don't like CS, play another mod. There's plenty out there!

Keep in mind porting something takes many man hours. It would be a bad idea to start re working old content before the old content even worked with the new engine.

you have to remember, that DOD:S just practically started developement.... the dod team has been contributing to hl2.

they said in their faq on forums. ( http://www.dayofdefeat.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39444 )

also the screenshot is from a powerpoint presentation.. so it may be taken out of context.

regardless I have already purchased the dod:S whether it be a direct port or a rehaul for the price I paid (60 bucks for a silver package) I doubt that I would not get my moneys worth.

Sorry, but it looks like total shit. So does HL:S.

I'm waiting for a mod team to totally do better on both games, which even Valve hs said is inevitable.

Art_Crime said:
Sorry, but it looks like total shit. So does HL:S.

I'm waiting for a mod team to totally do better on both games, which even Valve hs said is inevitable.

I don't look at them on the basis that they look like crap. But when i look at them, it feels...lacking.

DOD:S has not been in development as long as CS:S. There's a reason as to why it hasn't been released yet, you know?

Absinthe said:
DOD:S has not been in development as long as CS:S. There's a reason as to why it hasn't been released yet, you know?

Nope...

The Dod team have worked on Hl2 and CS:source instead...

Back